Greatest Samurai/Ninja Movies Ever

daisho2004

I found this list on line about the greatest Samurai movies ever made while many of them are Great Classics there are so many more that are left out but this is definitely a good starting point for anyone. We need the Mods to make a permanent sticky of this post:

http://www.ranker.com/list/50-classic-samurai-_chambara-jidaigeki_-films/stephenclark?page=1&format=BLOG

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BLF: I didn't know that you did this list, it is a great resource for everyone to follow and Haz made it a permanent sticky thread. I have to add some of my all time favorites as well. Keep adding on whatever you feel like, we can never have enough.

That list just reminds me that there are still alot of samurai films that I haven't caught yet.

I might have missed it, and I can't check 10 pages again to see if I did, but did they forget Ran and Kagemusha? Those are essential!

There are just too many good films to stop at 50. Also, they listed all of the Lone Wolf movies. They could have been listed once for all 6.

Couple of modern samurai movies I liked. The Twilight Samurai, The Hidden Blade and For Love and Honor.

Archived