Naked Soldier (2011)

AlbertV

One Armed Boxer
Isn't that the same teaser One Armed Boxer linked last month (see previous page)?

Yeah it's the same one, but at the time of my posting it was only up on the official site, with no sign of it on youtube, so nice to have a direct link to it through this thread.

This kind of stuff would need a more trashier approach

Personally I'm looking forward to it, yeah this type of movie benefits from a trashier approcah, but those days of Hong Kong cinema are long gone, you have to look the other side of 1997 to enjoy the category III classics that had sex, violence, and craziness in equally enjoyable measures. I'm looking forward to this movie for what it will be, a bunch of sexy actresses running around with guns and performing wire-assisted kung-fu.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One Armed Boxer

This movie has taken forever to come out, but finally there's a cinematic release date of July 26th, and a new trailer to go with it!

xsqkiHlLna4

I'm starting to agree with boxer - this does seem to have a bit (more than I previously detected) of that 90's wibe. Could be a passable time killer.

Drunken Monk

Are we sure this wasn't made in 1996!? It definitely has that kick back feel, complete with horrible wire work. Still, it does look like a solid chunk of fun a la "Black Mask."

One Armed Boxer
Maggie Q??? Didn't see her in the trailer...

Because she isn't in the movie.....the text at the beginning is referencing the previous movies in the series, 'Naked Weapon' & 'Naked Killer'.

Wong Jing, Jenn Tse, and Andy On were in Beijing to promote the movie

cf28ceb914a34065a46ebaa42b91837d.jpg

The movie comes out next Friday in China.

TibetanWhiteCrane

I bet ole' Wong Jing propositioned every one of those white chicks.....

Wong Jing, Jenn Tse, and Andy On were in Beijing to promote the movie

cf28ceb914a34065a46ebaa42b91837d.jpg

The movie comes out next Friday in China.

Sounds like somebody ran out ideas for a good story line....

Laura

quite enjoyed the action in this one, samo has loads of fights in this ( a lot of weaponswork) and he looks like he is just getting better, this movie def has that mid 90's flav going on you here, ian powers does some really good kicking in this, him and another character are playing the same role as ngi sing did in death games, there is a really long end fight as well and top it off anthony wong does some shapes at the end. apart from the flimsy storyline and dodgy wirework the actual fighting is decent.

Drunken Monk

For those of us who are interested in this, here is a little sample of some of the action on display...

Hd3tYGNoTZM

Looks to be quite interesting...My favorite would have to be the short and sweet fight between Sammo and Andy On. I definitely will have to check this out.

This movie looks pretty good, I see there going back to the 90's style of fighting when the 2 Women are fighting above the knives.

I never seen NAKED KILLER (1992) and Maggie Q in NAKED WEAPON (2002),

how are there?

There is a good behind the scenes video on youtube too, lasts for 15 mins, quite a shock to see how old Yuen Kwai and Yuen Tak look nowadays...Fatty looks younger!!

Drunken Monk

I like the kickback, cheesy 90's feel to the film and hope it gets a DVD release sometime soon.

The few seconds of fighting with Sammo looked to be the best thing he's done since "SPL."

This looks quite well made. Might have to check this out.

I have only seen Naked Weapon and these clips has more actual fighting than this movie. Naked Weapon is more stylized action while this has more martial arts. Maggie Q is more pleasing to the eye but Jennifer Tse seems to have better action sequences.

Looks very good! as said above, it has an old school look to it!! To be released 23 August 2012!!

Tigerstyles

Now how hard was that guys to go back to what works and stop fuckin about with crazy cameras 3d and wires

hopefuly we will see some classics before Samo n Yuen Kwai retire

Archived