Thunderbolt,chinese or King?

Shawoholic

Dear Sirs which is supreme basher?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Dear Sirs which is supreme basher?

• King Boxer
    • Chinese Boxer
    • Thunderbolt Fist

In my opinion all these movies share similar atmosphere and each is masterpiece..which one you feel is best?

My cash is on thunderbolt fist, I think finale best of 3 and it left with warm feeling:nerd:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm...they're all pretty even to me. Early 70s is my favorite era of Shaws, so I love all three. If Chinese Boxer gets a decent R1 release that removes the crappy Casio keyboard/Celestial audio tampering, and I could hear the original score, that one would probably be my favorite.

I like all three. My order of preference (close call between 1 & 2!):

1 - Chinese boxer

2 - King Boxer

3 - Thunderbolt Fist

KyFi said all are even:smile:...I guess King Boxer has heavy reputation and so does chinese boxer(both great movies) so thunderbolt fist is out of league in popularity....moviewise it is not!!!!

Fang Shih-yu

1 King Boxer

2 Thunderbolt Fist

3 Chinese Boxer

I give the same rankings, though they are separated just fractionally in my mindset!

The Thunderbolt Fist is the "sleeper" of the three and needs to be sought out by those who've yet to get it! The Image DVD has a good English dub that's hilarious in spots; it's more raucous than the Mandarin dub, but both have their virtues!

Shih Szu kicks major butt, and the ending is as gruesome as it is appropriate!:tongue:

I was disappointed with Chinese Boxer. Wang Yu can get so repetitive. There really wasn't anything there that he hasn't covered elsewhere, better. At face value it's enjoyable, just nothing special.

maybe you should have included SACRED KNIVES OF VENGEANCE, as it had very similar atmosphere and action.:bigsmile:

maybe you should have included SACRED KNIVES OF VENGEANCE, as it had very similar atmosphere and action.:bigsmile:

I forgot that one..for good reasonI have seen it last time some 20 years ago from (cut?) uk tape with so-so quality.Would love to view it again definitely:bigsmile:

These films all have similar themes... Each is in my collection and share a special place. I must admit, upon the first viewing of Thunderbolt Fist... That ending!

Whoa.

Archived