Karmayogi (2011)

AlbertV

karmayogi1.jpg

This is a new Malayalam martial arts version of HAMLET coming out.

Trailer is HERE

Twitch:

Have you ever been reading Shakespeare immortal classic, Hamlet, and wonder where all the flip kicks were? Well, lucky for you, the producers of India's upcoming Karmayogi are ready to answer the call.

From director VK Prakash (I've never seen anything he's done) and star Indrajith (ditto) comes Malayalam's first martial arts adaptation of William Shakespear's (their spelling not mine) Hamlet. This latest dispatch from Mollywood (the colloquial name for Indian Malayalam cinema, or, the proposed name for my dream of a Molly Ringwald themed amusement park) looks action packed! I can't find any info on it in English, apart from the below trailer. Interestingly, Karmayogi also seems to feature the urumi, a weapon I described last week from another upcoming Malayalam film. Hmm.

I can't find an official release date yet, but let's say, April. Enjoy the English-subbed trailer...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This looks so-so at best, I don't think there is going to be a lot of action in it at all, I think from the trailer its just appears that way.

looks crap, nothing to show anything more than a few secs of action, looks like old bollywood twadle. Show me an extended action clip elsewise I'd avoid.

Archived