Korean Cinema reminds me of what American Cinema use to be back in the 70's...

OpiumKungFuCracker

OpiumKungFuCracker

Films like Death Wish, Dirty Harry, Vigilante, Straight Time, Dog Day Afternoon, Godfather,Godfather 2, Taxi Driver,Mean Streets, then you got horror movies like Texas Chainsaw Massacre and shit, those are the movies that I can remember at the moment but those films made the 70's such a bad ass era..

When I watch those Korean hard boiled revenge movies like Old Boy, Bittersweet life, and Man From Nowhere, it reminds me of the 70's, that punishing, relentless aggression that just beats on your ass... Korean crime/action films in general, I don't know about their horror movies though, haven't seen enough of them or good ones lately, but yeah just wanted to give out my appreciation for these types of films...

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OpiumKungFuCracker

Okay, maybe not the 70's, I got a little too excited there.. Hong Kong cinema probably??? I don't think anything comes close to movies that were made in the 70's, some damn great films from that era, every genre you can think of....

70's was sure exciting, breakthroughs of George Lucas, Stephen Spielberg, Martin Scorsese were in that era. Clint Eastwood also made an impact as a director. The biggest winner was the indomitable Francis Ford Coppola (Godfather, Conversation, Godfather 2, Apocalypse Now)

Hong Kong cinema wasnt bad either. Bruce Lee's meteoric arrival. Late 70's was the tranformation of more intricate action choreography.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Yes, from your recommendation I checked it out on Netflix.... It was awesome!!!

Archived