Drive Angry: 3D

daisho2004

OK I just got back from seeing this movie and all I can say is that I Drove Angry all the way home! It had a descent storyline but it just sucked, the action scenes were horrible! There is one scene where Nicholas Cage is having Sex and Killing all the Bad Guys at the same-time! I really cannot believe he thought this was a good script! The 3D was OK but it was a waste of extra money because this movie is made for 3D so you cannot get out of paying the extra money for this movie! I would've rather got this on a boot then to have wasted my time & money on this movie! The only person who I liked in this movie was William Fichtner as The Accountant (aka Grim Reaper type)

synopsis:

In the high-octane, 3D action-adventure DRIVE ANGRY, Nicolas Cage stars as Milton, a hardened felon who has broken out of hell intent on finding the vicious cult who brutally murdered his daughter and kidnapped her baby. He joins forces with Piper (Amber Heard) - a sexy, tough-as-nails waitress with a '69 Charger, who's also seeking redemption of her own. Now, the two of them are hot on the trail of the deadly leader of the cult (Billy Burke), all while being pursued by an enigmatic killer (William Fichtner) who has been sent by the Devil to retrieve Milton and deliver him back to hell. Caught in a deadly race against time, Milton has 3 days to avoid capture, avenge his daughter's death, and save her baby before she's mercilessly sacrificed by the cult.

94283_aa.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best part was the kick to face near the end i think it was. Nicolas Cage should do a martial arts movie after that probably a double though, but if him then he should make a ma movie.

:tongue: Was a nice kick.

Best part was the kick to face near the end i think it was. Nicolas Cage should do a martial arts movie after that probably a double though, but if him then he should make a ma movie.

:tongue: Was a nice kick.

Now i want to see it =D

BTW i agree Nick Cage should do a MA flick.

ShaOW!linDude
OK I just got back from seeing this movie and all I can say is that I Drove Angry all the way home!

What a great line! Beautiful opening shot! Love the play on words!:tongue:

It had a descent storyline but it just sucked, the action scenes were horrible! There is one scene where Nicholas Cage is having Sex and Killing all the Bad Guys at the same-time! I really cannot believe he thought this was a good script!

Cage is hurting for cash. I think he's looking to collect paydays right now. He got ripped off by some investors or some such.

This movie kinda had that Ghost Rider feel to it, about him coming out of Hell and everything. But only this movie Sucked!

Nicolas Cage always manages to get some kind of supposed martial arts kick in each of his movies and I always find it both immensely embarrassing and hilarious. It was particularly egregious when he taught some Asian dude kung fu in Bangkok Dangerous.

Least convincing martial arts ever.

They should totally make that movie with Nic Cage as Fu Manchu.

Why is it that if any Actor in a movie throws a Kick or something he is doing some kind of Martial Arts? Please we need to stop putting down Martial Arts like this!

Kennedy Il Sung
There is one scene where Nicholas Cage is having Sex and Killing all the Bad Guys at the same-time!

Have you ever seen Shoot Em Up? There is a scene just like this.

Anyway I still have an interest in the movie because it just seem like enjoyable over the top trash. :xd:

Have you ever seen Shoot Em Up? There is a scene just like this.

Kennedy Il Sung: Yes I did see Shoot Em Up and believe me its a 1000x's better than this movie! Save your Money and wait for it to come on cable!

I thought it was good. It's essentially a big-budget Drive-in movie. I appreciated the droll reference to Race with the Devil and Milton's references to other dieties he encountered in Hell, like Baron Samedi, Anubis, Odin and one or two others that I can't recall.

After it's aged 10 or 20 years we'll have a better idea of whether it's really a dud or not.

No I only had to wait halfway through this movie to know it Sucked! But again this is why you gotta love this site everyone has a different view on every movie we watch!

Nicolas Cage's movie in a nutshell....

xP1-oquwoL8

Dude, I watch this video every day along with 160 Greatest Arnie Quotes.

Nic Cage must be the most polarising actor of this generation, personally I always find his perfomances at least interesting, and if he's in a shitty film, his presence makes what would be an irredeemable piece of trash into something entertaining.

Eugh. I didn't like this one at all either. Bad story, Nicolas Cage isn't even going over the top, and there no angry driving at all. Not once. I'd watch Planet Terror again before this.

Eugh. I didn't like this one at all either. Bad story, Nicolas Cage isn't even going over the top, and there no angry driving at all. Not once. I'd watch Planet Terror again before this.

Don't you mean you'd watch Death Proof again?

Death Proof was another movie that just dragged on & on! That should've been a 20 minute movie tops!

I don't usually give a shit about other people's opinions, but Drive Angry's been getting so much praise that I'm getting pretty excited about it... US BD seems to be great, too: http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/50226/drive-angry/?___rd=1

Speaking of Death Proof, I went to see that one in cinema. 4 times!

(I don't think I need to further explain it rocks! :tongue:)

ahaha whats with the Death Proof hate this week, 3rd time this week i've stumbled onto a thread in 3 different forums hating Death Proof. That movie is so great on so many levels that I don't know where to begin. I can't knock you though, on my first viewing I thought it was boring.

I have to add to the hate for Death Proof. I couldn't believe how badly the movie sucked and I swear if it wasn't a Quentin Tarantino movie I wouldn't have finished it. That film was so boring, filled with pointless girl talk that just dragged on. I've got to agree with Daisho in that the movie needed cutting down badly. I actually never got around to watching Planet Terror because of how bad Death Proof was. In fact I still haven't seen Inglorious Bastards. My opinion of Tarantino truly plummeted after that film. I still watch and enjoy his old stuff but Death Proof was unforgivable.:mad:

ShaOW!linDude
In fact I still haven't seen Inglorious Bastards. My opinion of Tarantino truly plummeted after that film. I still watch and enjoy his old stuff but Death Proof was unforgivable.:mad:

Dude......watch it. Seriously. You'll forgive him. At least I think you will.

Dude......watch it. Seriously. You'll forgive him. At least I think you will.

I will watch it at some point in the near future once the price has completely bottomed out. I paid full price for death proof, never again for a Tarantino film. Or at least not until he has proven himself again with some great movies. I'm hoping I'll like it but forgiveness will take time. That movie was sooooo bad. It certainly doesn't help having such huge gaps between Tarantino movies.

dionbrother

I hated DEATH PROOF but loved, I mean outright loved INGLORIOUS BASTARDS. It's hard to tell they are by the same director. I think you can grab BASTARDS for as low as $3 at Big Lots. Absolutely one of the few great films of the last decade.

I will watch it at some point in the near future once the price has completely bottomed out. I paid full price for death proof, never again for a Tarantino film. Or at least not until he has proven himself again with some great movies. I'm hoping I'll like it but forgiveness will take time. That movie was sooooo bad. It certainly doesn't help having such huge gaps between Tarantino movies.

ShaOW!linDude

@ dionbrother: I don't reckon you've surmised this but blue_skies is a UK bro. I don't know if they have Big Lots across the pond.:tongue: But I 2nd your opinion of IB. I think this will reestablish his faith in QT as a director.

dionbrother

I can't ever really keep up with who lives where, but the UK is bound to have a discount store equal to the mighty Big Lots. The Amazon.co.uk prices are super cheap on UK releases.

Archived