Jeremiah Johnson 1972

Tosh

I saw this movie in the late 70's-early 80's many times, they played the hell out of it on tv(remember back when you only had 3-4 channels:wink:), I remember thinking what a bore it was.

I've caught it on tv the other week and I have to say, even though slow moving, it's a brillant movie that I guess I can relate to being older now, who hasn't thought of getting out of the rat race, leaving everything behind, though my solitary destination would have a beach somewhere:angel:

And what a gorgeous movie it is with the rocky mountains in the backround, the kid isn't overbearing since he doesn't talk and once the fight scenes get going it get's awesome, especially the part when he comes in the camp to take his revenge. The second fight scene is the best, with the one Indian riding up on him on his horse and coming at him strait on.

Robert Redford's best role.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it wasn't for me having an 8yr Old I'd be on an Island somewhere right now giving Scuba Lessons and taking People Diving with the Sharks. So yes I can relate to that now! And its funny I was watching Dances with the Wolves last week and it kinda has the same premise, he wanted to see the West before it was ruined.

Archived