King Kong Vs Godzilla/King Kong Escapes

Guest Daisho2004

Guest Megaloman

it only makes a difference if you worry that you are stealing property from Toho, i guess. i'm sure Far East Flix are nice people, but i doubt they licensed the movie from Toho.

David

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chinatown Kid

Thanks alot Megloman. I'll definately pick up the legit's when they come out, but I went ahead and ordered both the Frankenstein movies from FarEastFlix because you never know for sure if they will come out. At 15$ a piece it seemed like a good deal.;) I seen at yesasia they were selling Frankenstein vs Baragon for over 60$, and it didn't even have subs!:eek

Guest mcentepede

I have the movie on VHS, which I own for the past maybe 17 years. Every one of my buddies who watched it agreed that Godzilla wins. VHS is a dead technology maybe, but it is reliable. The ending in question is simple, after absorbing a terrible beating from a stronger Godzilla, King Kong tackles a weakened Godzilla(The Japs found out that Godzilla's lone weakness is electricity, which they used to weaken him) and both fall into the ocean. King Kong resurfaces yes, but a shot of a figure swimming away is seen which is obviously Godzilla, so he wasn't dead or anything. By this time he already "won" the fight anyways. Americans don't like to lose to Japanese was the theme here. My buddy agreed that the DVD version omitted the last shot to make it look like Kong killed Godzilla, which is stupid because he made more movies anyways. Also 2005 King Kong had him beating up some dinosaurs, too bad none were Godzilla.

Guest venoms5

The english version omits a couple of scenes that link FRANK... with WAR OF... Also the Japanese title is FRANKENSTEIN MONSTERS:SANDA VS GAILA. According to the excellent book MONSTERS ARE ATTACKING TOKYO! Actor Russ Tamblyn was not as easy to get along with as Nick Adams as he apparently didn't feel comfortable working on a Japanese giant monster movie. Probably the best book to look out for if you can still find it(if you're interested in reading up on the subject of giant monster cinema) is JAPANS FAVORITE MON"STAR":THE UNAUTHORIZED BIOGRAPHY OF THE BIG G. An exhaustive work on every G film up to DESTROYER. There probably won't be a revised edition as Toho got a court injunction to take the tome out of circulation.

Guest Chinatown Kid

Thanks venoms5, I'll see if I can track the book down. I'm just starting to get into these Japanese monster movies so I need all the info I can get! I'm gonna start collecting them to go along with my martial arts and Hammer horror collection. I also ordered KK vs. G/ KKE at amazon.com, don't know where to get the Japanese versions. FarEastFlix doesn't have those two.

Guest Megaloman

i have a nice DVDr of KING KONG VS GODZILLA the japanese version, complete with removable subs if you'd like one. send me a PM or e-mail.

the ending is exactly the same as the US version, with Kong swimming away. Godzilla is nowhere to be seen. when i saw it in the theater growing up every kid in the audience knew Godzilla lost.

David

Guest mcentepede

Whatever...Everybody on this site says that King Kong wins. Nobody here describes how he wins though. Probably because Godzilla was the villian and Kong "resurfaces" from the ocean. Too bad Godzilla is amphibous and swam away to fight another day. Godzilla rules! King Kong fools!

Archived