Movie recommendations

Dragons Fury

hi guys, been looking for some 80s modern day action films. The ones with lots of brutal kickboxing or huge shootouts in a modern enviroment, so far ive seen as much as i can find but im still looking for anything that i might have missed , heres some of the films ive already seen:

ALL jackie chan , sammo hung , Yuen Baio , chow yun fat and jet li films

Outlaw brothers

royal warriors

Angry Ranger

In the line of duty 1 to 4

Righting wrongs

Tiger Cage 1 and 2

Iron Angels

Fury

So can anyone tell me some films from 1980s to 1990s like the ones above please thanks

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

Try "Tiger On Beat" and "Tiger On Beat 2". Both have Conan Lee and are, I believe, in the Police Story vein.

• Administrator
Try "Tiger On Beat" and "Tiger On Beat 2". Both have Conan Lee and are, I believe, in the Police Story vein.

Yup, that's right. Wanna see Gordon Liu (with hair) have a chainsaw duel with Conan Lee? Well, this is where you'll see it! The first one stars Chow Yun-Fat, and in the sequel Danny Lee takes over his role. Conan is in both. And Ti Lung has a short but sweet cameo that you'll enjoy.

Have you seen the IRON ANGELS sequels? More good stuff there.

Also, check out the Shaw Brothers modern day flick HONG KONG GODFATHER which was just released as an uncut region 1 DVD last year. It's directed by SB frequent bad guy Johnny Wang Lung-Wei (who also has a role and joins in the mayhem).

WIDOW WARRIORS which stars a great cast of female Hong Kong stars tearing up the bad guys.

BURNING AMBITION- from OUTLAW BROTHERS director and star Frankie Chan. Great fights!

ShaOW!linDude

Oh, also The Inspector Wears Skirts and Royal Warriors. There's another one........bah! I can't remember.

Just remembered: She Shoots Straight.

All 3 of these are female 80's MA/action flicks.

ShaOW!linDude
sept, he said hes seen In the Line of Duty 1-4

and Royal Warriors is INTOD 1 :tongue:

Dadgummit! Maybe one day I'll learn to comprehend what I read!

Thanks for truing me up, F_D.

thanks for the names already seen hong kong godfather, tiger on the beat 2 and the iron angels sequels but havent seen the others so thanks for those , any more names will be greats , thanks

how about John Woo's heroes shed no tears and bullet in the head?

I know you're looking for Eighties action films but you might appreciate Extreme Heist, Drive and Broken Path (this is especially brutal). A similar 80's vibe imho.

seen heroes shed no tears, bullet in the head, Drive , Broken Path and On the run , keep the names coming and Thanks

Kennedy Il Sung
Yup, that's right. Wanna see Gordon Liu (with hair) have a chainsaw duel with Conan Lee? Well, this is where you'll see it! The first one stars Chow Yun-Fat, and in the sequel Danny Lee takes over his role. Conan is in both. And Ti Lung has a short but sweet cameo that you'll enjoy.

!

David Chiang also has a cameo in the first one. I just recently rewatched it and it was one of the first I watched when I got into HK films about 2 years ago, I had no idea who Ti Lung or David Chiang were so it was fun to actually notice some actors in the background.

Any way for recs:

A Heroic Fight

A Bloody fight (Gordon Liu & Norman Chu)

Long Arm of the Law III

Angel Terminators

Forbidden Arsenal

Dragons Fury
David Chiang also has a cameo in the first one. I just recently rewatched it and it was one of the first I watched when I got into HK films about 2 years ago, I had no idea who Ti Lung or David Chiang were so it was fun to actually notice some actors in the background.

Any way for recs:

A Heroic Fight

A Bloody fight (Gordon Liu & Norman Chu)

Long Arm of the Law III

Angel Terminators

Forbidden Arsenal

thanks for those names , seen Long Arm of the Law III, Angel Terminators, Forbidden Arsenal, havent seen the others thou so thanks , any more names will be great thanks:bigsmile:

BURNING AMBITION[/b!

That is definitely one to go for...excellent gun-fu and pessimistic storyline.Yukari Oshima has small part but what screentime she has,well spent:kiss:

Archived