Accurate early Bruce Li filmography in order by year? Please?

mpm74

Man, these damn Bruceploitation titles are annoying. I'm referencing a bunch of websites and none of them match. lol

Carl - in your book, you have "Dragon Dies Hard" listed as a movie that should actually be called "Golden Sun" (aka Bruce Lee We Miss You). It's pretty obvious it's a bio film, considering this poster: http://www.cityonfire.com/bruce-lee-a-dragon-story-1974/

I guess my question is: Are there some DVDs/VHS tapes in the UK where it IS printed as Dragon Dies Hard? Must be a UK thing because of this: http://www.clonesofbrucelee.co.uk/dragondiesguide.html

Also, what really was THE first Bruce Li "Bruce Lee Bio Film"?

A Dragon Story? or Superdragon?

Most say "A Dragon Story," but why oh why would Bruce Li's 2nd bio movie ("Superdragon") be even more bull-shittier? ("Dragon Lives" doesn't count, because they intentionally made that one an opium dream).

Can someone, anyone, please give me an accurate Bruce Li filmography by year. I'm mostly concerned with the early shit (1974-1976). But a full filmography would be nice.

Anyone? I'm to the point where I'm willing to suck dick for some right answers.

* And yes, I know the guy's name is Ho Chung Tao. I just find it easier to type "Bruce Li"

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Man, these damn Bruceploitation titles are annoying. I'm referencing a bunch of websites and none of them match. lol

Carl - in your book, you have "Dragon Dies Hard" listed as a movie that should actually be called "Golden Sun" (aka Bruce Lee We Miss You). It's pretty obvious it's a bio film, considering this poster: http://www.cityonfire.com/bruce-lee-a-dragon-story-1974/

I guess my question is: Are there some DVDs/VHS tapes in the UK where it IS printed as Dragon Dies Hard? Must be a UK thing because of this: http://www.clonesofbrucelee.co.uk/dragondiesguide.html

Most say "A Dragon Story," but why oh why would Bruce Li's 2nd bio movie ("Superdragon") be even more bull-shittier? ("Dragon Lives" doesn't count, because they intentionally made that one an opium dream).

Can someone, anyone, please give me an accurate Bruce Li filmography by year. I'm mostly concerned with the early shit (1974-1976). But a full filmography would be nice.

* And yes, I know the guy's name is Ho Chung Tao. I just find it easier to type "Bruce Li"

Here you go little man

Macho Man (1972) ...stunt

Death Duel (1972) ...extra

Gecko Kung Fu (1972)

Triangual Duel (1972) ... extra

Chinese Iron-Man (1973) ...extra

Rikisha Kuri (1974) ...extra

Hero of Kwantung (1974) ...extra

Twister Kicker (1974) ...extra

Conspiracy (1973)

Dragon: A Bruce Lee Story (1974)

New Game of Death (1975)

Bruce Lee Against Superman (1975)

Bruce Lee, We Miss You (1975)

Chinese Chieh Chuan Kung Fu (1975)

Revenge of the Patriots (1976)

He`s A Legend He`s A Hero (1976)

Chinese Connection 2 (1976)

Exit the Dragon, Enter the Tiger (1976)

Bruce Lee: The Man, The Myth (1976)

Bruce Lee`s Secret (1976)

The Real Bruce Lee (1977) ... Archive footage

Return of the Tiger (1977)

Soul Brothers of Kung Fu (1977)

Dynamo (1978)

Edge of Fury (1978)

Bruce Li the Invincible (1978)

Bruce Li in New Guinea (1978)

Deadly Strike (1978)

Great Hero (1978)

Chinese Connection 3 (1978)

Image of Bruce Lee (1978)

The Gold Connection (1979)

3 Avengers (1979)

Blind Fist of Bruce Lee (1979)

Bruce & the Iron Finger (1979)

Chinese Stuntman (1980)

G-Men `75(1980) (TV)... 3 episodes

Power Force (1982)

Pink Trap (???)

Ninja in Town (TV) (1982) ... 6 episodes

Yellowtheard street (1990) (TV) ... 1 episode

Top Fighter (1991) ... Archive footage

Whoa there!

The UK print of BL WE MISS YOU was indeed titled DRAGON DIES HARD. A later VHS release called it TIGER CLAW, DEATH KICK ! Confusing 'aint it?

BRUCE LEE A DRAGON STORY is usually said to be the first bio-pic unless someone knows different?

Hey guys...leave Kong Do (I prefer Chiang Tao actually) alone!

I like him...as a villain! :)

Come on man he is biggest noob in history of Asian action cinema :cry:

ChineseSausage

I believe Bruce & the Iron Finger (the one co-starring Bruce Liang) is earlier than 1979. It is 1975-76 ish. Lerox also did not mention Fists Of Bruce Lee (aka Interpol) (1978).

I believe Bruce & the Iron Finger (the one co-starring Bruce Liang) is earlier than 1979. It is 1975-76 ish. Lerox also did not mention Fists Of Bruce Lee (aka Interpol) (1978).

I disagree Ed. I think Iron Finger is from 77 or 78...but hey, that's just me!:wink:

ChineseSausage

Upon closer inspection, it does look 77-78-ish, with the improved choreography, and also Ku Feng started to appear in Ho Chung Tao's films around this period of time.

I have to agree with you Carl, you where there when these films were released, I just barely remember some of them being featured in "The Bruce Lee Week" in my local TV channel, early 80's.

Upon closer inspection, it does look 77-78-ish, with the improved choreography, and also Ku Feng started to appear in Ho Chung Tao's films around this period of time.

I have to agree with you Carl, you where there when these films were released, I just barely remember some of them being featured in "The Bruce Lee Week" in my local TV channel, early 80's.

So now we get around to mentioning my age, Ed huh?:wink:

bruceleeclones

If you look at Bruce Leung's filmography you will notice that he worked with Ku Feng quite a lot in '79, so I'd say 78/79 is pretty accurate date for Bruce and the iron finger

Part of the confusion is that this is a case where people don't really read the titles (granted it is understandable given how close this is and how many times the titles are the same) but if you look:

Bruce Lee: A Dragon's Story was released in the US as DRAGON'S DIE HARD

Bruce Lee We Miss you was released in the UK as DRAGON DIES HARD

Note the different plurals.

Archived