Chinese Chieh Chuan Kung Fu aka Legend of Bruce Le

mpm74

If this is the same film as 'Bruce Lee'Superdragon' it does star Bruce Li (under his Li Hsiao Lung i.d.). I t's a load of crap too. One of Li's early stinkers.

I stand corrected sir! The cover is VERY misleading...and you liked the dub on 'Edge of Fury'? Give me those regular dubbing fellas any day of the week! :)

Carl,

Despite what hkflix says, it's not Superdragon, it's not even a Bruce Li flick, it's a BRUCE LE flick. I just got it in the mail and just found that out. :(

By the way, check out my latest review for "Edge of Fury," as I quote you from your Bruceploitation book. =D

http://www.cityonfire.com/edge-of-fury-1978/

Mpm, I have this exact DVD, and it's actually Bruce Lee: Superdragon, with Lung Fei and Ho Chung Tao. There is no trace of Huang Kin Lung in the film. Maybe the titles have gotten crossed up somewhere along the lines, but mine is the old version when a fat gentleman teaches Kung Fu to the Lee character, and his child mate, as a kid.

Bruce Le's TheYoung Bruce Lee aka Bruce - King Of Kung Fu was also released as The Legend Of Bruce Lee. However, The Legend Of Bruce Lee released by Tai Seng is actually Super Dragon with Bruce Li. So many titles will lead to confusion!

So, basically what you're saying is:

The VHS (Goodtimes) version of Legend of Bruce Lee is the Bruce Le movie?

And the DVD (Tai Seng) version of Legend of Bruce Lee is the Bruce Li movie?

So, basically what you're saying is:

The VHS (Goodtimes) version of Legend of Bruce Lee is the Bruce Le movie?

And the DVD (Tai Seng) version of Legend of Bruce Lee is the Bruce Li movie?

Yes. :bigsmile:

Well, all I can say is, at least it's a Bruce Li movie, and not a Bruce Le one.

I have yet to see a watchable Bruce Le flick.

Why do you all insist on calling that dude that name? :sad:

Huang Kin Lung.

:nerd:

Question:

Toward the mid-end of the movie, there's a part where Bruce is directing a scene, and it's obvious that they just inserted footage from a totally different movie. Funny thing is, the action is a lot more interesting than what we see in Chinese Chieh Chuan Kung Fu. What movie is that playing?

WTF?

Is this where the Wang Yu footage was? Can someone explain the Wang Yu footage to me? Which version was it in? And what Wang Yu movie was it from? And why is it missing from the version I'm watching?

Question:

Toward the mid-end of the movie, there's a part where Bruce is directing a scene, and it's obvious that they just inserted footage from a totally different movie. Funny thing is, the action is a lot more interesting than what we see in Chinese Chieh Chuan Kung Fu. What movie is that playing?

WTF?

Is this where the Wang Yu footage was? Can someone explain the Wang Yu footage to me? Which version was it in? And what Wang Yu movie was it from? And why is it missing from the version I'm watching?

In some versions it's supposedly footage from 'Desperate Chase'(aka Blood of the Dragon).

In the print I saw it was some unknown crime/basher.

Well, all I can say is, at least it's a Bruce Li movie, and not a Bruce Le one.

I have yet to see a watchable Bruce Le flick.

Try Enter the Game of Death...lot of fun and Le is suprisingly pretty good and very 'Lee-like':smile:

Ninja Strikes Back.....actually pretty entertaining , the best of Les films imo

Enter GoD.....all right

Ninja vs Bruce Lee....meh

King Boxer 2.....trash , wtf with midgets ?

Bruces Fist of Vengeance......meh

Guys Huang Kin Lung or if you more like that other name :angel: was actually pretty good actor, i would say actually a quite big talent, but he never acted in anything good. All his movie were bad or so-so but at end of the career he made three movies that are exccelent: Ninja over the Great Wall, Black Spot and infamouse Comfort Woman, movie that tells about some things that none used to talk before!

It's a while since I've watched the Tai Seng DVD but I thought Legend Of Bruce Lee was entertaining. The 'verbal' fight scene with the old master is quite a novel idea. It's not Li's best movie but I enjoyed it. A US VHS tape which is considerably shorter than the Tai Seng/Ocean Shores print has footage of Wany Yu from Screaming Tiger.

Wang Yu footage also supposedly appeared in Bruce Lee - A Dragon Story (also released by Tai Seng) but I've never noticed any inserted footage.

Le aka Huang Kin Lung appeared in some enjoyable movies but also made some dross. His best are Return Of Bruce and Bruce's Fingers. Ninja Strikes Back is a crazy Dick Randall production which is worth checking out because it is so odd!

Thanks for the information, guys.

Man, that movie. lol It still boggles my mind that they did a more lame job the 2nd time around for a Bruce Lee bio flick. lol

These early biopics are in some respects about as accurate as the big budget Dragon - The Bruce Lee story. Interestingly the producers of the estate sanctioned biopic used Li titles as source material when doing research.

These early biopics are in some respects about as accurate as the big budget Dragon - The Bruce Lee story. Interestingly the producers of the estate sanctioned biopic used Li titles as source material when doing research.

That's hilarious.

Funny you point that out. There's a scene in Superdragon where Bruce asks Linda out on a date, just as she/he has been flipped over on the mat!

What's with the dubbing in Superdragon? Was it dubbed before they started to use the typical dubbing? (I forget the accent everyone uses... but I heard the term before). Superdragon seems... like... how do I explain it? I want to say too perfect, but it isn't perfect.

Am I making sense?

I haven't watched Super Dragon for a while so I'd have to check it out regarding the dubbing. However, I recall that some of the dubbing in Bruce Lee - A Dragon Story is quite funny. The Lo Wei character has a shrieking voice which resembles a Dalek combined with Zippy from Rainbow (old Children's tv show from the UK).

Li's best film in terms of dubbing is Exit The Dragon, Enter The Tiger as the US distributors spent a reasonable amount of cash on making it quite glossy (new opening titles etc) for a theatrical release.

ChineseSausage

Ninja over the Great Wall, Super Gang, Enter The Game Of Death and Legend Of Bruce Lee (on Goodtimes Video, aka King Boxer, The Young Bruce Lee on Tai Seng Video) are among Bruce Le's best work.

Killer Meteor
That's hilarious.

Funny you point that out. There's a scene in Superdragon where Bruce asks Linda out on a date, just as she/he has been flipped over on the mat!

What's with the dubbing in Superdragon? Was it dubbed before they started to use the typical dubbing? (I forget the accent everyone uses... but I heard the term before). Superdragon seems... like... how do I explain it? I want to say too perfect, but it isn't perfect.

Am I making sense?

SuperDragon, as well as Goodbye Bruce Lee His Last Game Of Death, were dubbed in Europe.