Overheard 2

DiP

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good news! they have been talking about this for a while now, good to see it's not only finally happening, but it also should be out this year. first was was real good, execpt for the ridiculous ending. I just hope that Lau Ching-Wan will also finish Life Without Principle this year too.

Louis Koo mentioned in his blog that shooting would begin in November last year but so far I haven't heard nothing.

Production on Life Without Principle/Lethal Gold might take off in either spring or summer, upon completion of High Altitude Romance II, which will preceed till the end of the year.

yeah, I saw that To mentioned he hoped/thought it would be complete by the end of the year, but do you think it will actually be released in 2011 or 2012? I think that article mentioned schedule conflicts with Lau and Richie Ren as well. hopefully we'll at least get 'Punished' soon from Milkyway, I'm waiting for them to update the page at Media Asia, so far only that teaser poster saying coming soon. I was hoping for Life Without Principle, Punished, and Motorway this year from Milkyway (in terms of crime dramas) but even Motorway sounds unsure if it'll be out this year, I think Soi Cheang is waiting to start it when he's done w/ The Monkey King. at least we're getting another HK crime drama in the form of Overheard 2

Since shooting of Life Without Principle continues till the end of the year, post-production should start in early next year so 2012 is the movie's release year. As for Motorway, think it's the same situation as the aforementioned movie where Cheang had to put the production on hold to do The Monkey King. I believe it began production few months after Accident was released in HK. It's highly likely that he will resume filming when The Monkey King wraps in May so we might actually see Motorway this year, probably in October or November. But as you said, Punished will surely be the first of the artistic/preferred To movies to come out this year which is good. Other than those and the romances, we will also be seeing period kung fu movie In Manchurian Dynasty begin production in March that To will produce for Mainland director Jia Zhang-Ke.

awesome, it should be on track then for the August release the other article mentioned. I remember the first film got through w/ production quickly and hit theaters in July '09. HK needs more films like this to fill 2011, their releases are looking pretty slim this year.

I heard that the April 14th release date hasn't actually been confirmed yet, only mentioned by the local HK media that Overheard 2 would be competing against 3D Sex and Zen which does open April 14th. hopefully the April 14th date turns out to be true, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's August as originally mentioned.

yes, this article mentioned that a summer release is planned. I'm betting August like was initially reported. now for a trailer...and release dates for both Motorway and Life Without Principle in 2011, then I'll be fully satisfied with the amount of Hong Kong crime dramas for the year!

Archived