Haute Tension aka High Tension

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

This was just released here in the States on tuesday. Picked it up and gave it a watch last nite. I thought it was pretty good, not as good as it was hyped up to be IMO. Its was very bloody and brutal. The story was good and it lived up to its title "High Tension", but was a bit far-fetched. Was disappointed in the ending. It felt like I'd seen that scenario too many times before. Plus it didnt help the fact that my wife was sitting there asking questions like "Where did the truck come from?" "And "How was she in two places at once?" I just tell her not to try and rationalize these kind of films. And she capped it off after the film ended by adding "How can people make crap like this?" But overall I enjoyed the ride from begining till the end. Dont expect too much in the way of story or character development. Just sit back and watch the carnage. Deffinitely not a date film, but a pretty damn good thriller anyway.

Guest gorlank

I enjoyed it a lot as well, plays a lot like one of those late 70's grindhouse thrillers that played 42nd all the time. Good flick and much better than some of the lame horror dreck that's been oozing out of Hollywood recently. Some nice tension in the house and gas station scenes.

Guest rockandrolltroy

This is a brilliant film for any fan of the "slasher" movie. Not much dialogue and a lot of killing. Brisk pace, never a down time. Sure there's some weird plot twists/holes but I could overlook them.

Cognoscente

This film was heavily inspired by a Dean Koontz novel called Intensity. The director/writer, Alexandre Aja, was asked about this at the 2004 Sundance Festival where he acknowledged that he had indeed read the novel. Dean didn't want to sue Aja, because he wanted to distance himself from what he regarded as a vulgar movie.

• Like 2