Korean Old School Kung Fu Movies

falkor

sifu iron perm
On 12/03/2017 at 0:35 PM, ThunderScore said:

I think you know how I feel about Ninja...

338783-ninjas-the-deadly-silver-ninja-poster.thumb.jpeg.0336a1fcd69fc31fc0afa8f14be9884b.jpeg

artwork is eye popping fantastic!

• Like 1

Amazing how convoluted these all got with the Godfrey Ho re-edits and releases. The amount of alternate titles are mind-numbingly frustrating.

• Like 2

DragonClaws
20 hours ago, rdenn said:

Dragon Tiger Palm

Half expected Dragon Lee to spring onto the screen, with his trademark bag over his shoulder.

• Like 4

One Armed Boxer
On 15/09/2014 at 9:39 AM, Morgoth Bauglir said:

I have a feeling that you are really going to like Ninja Holocaust.

This was definitely an understatement.  I got around to watching this one recently, and posted a full review here - 

http://cityonfire.com/city-ninja-aka-ninja-holocaust-1985-review-rockys-love-affairs-hwa-yi/

• Like 3

One Armed Boxer
On 2/9/2015 at 7:59 AM, DragonClaws said:

I intended on watching this one Friday night but choose City Ninja instead. One of the sleaziest Martial Arts films Ive sat through. Casanova Wong & Chan Wai Man saved the film from being a dud in my opinion.

Managed to dig out your comments on this one @DragonClaws after you mentioned it over in this months mutual review thread.  Completely agree with your comments, but I think without Casanova Wong & Chan Wai Man there'd likely be no 'City Ninja' to begin with!  I posted a full review with my thoughts here.

• Like 2

DragonClaws

Got down to re-watching this slice 1980's Dragon Lee/Hwang Jang Lee action. You can catch my ramblings on this production, by clicking on the link below, thanks.

5_pattern_dragon_claws_07._bild.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

DragonClaws

Just re-posted two old review, that were deleted when the forum went down late last year. Click on the link below, for my thoughts/ramlblings on Leopard Fist Ninja and Dragon, The Young Master, thank you.

LeopardFistNinja+1981-2-b.jpg

• Like 2

On 5/20/2017 at 1:16 PM, DragonClaws said:

Half expected Dragon Lee to spring onto the screen, with his trademark bag over his shoulder.

yeah or perform his special doo wop move on the baddies. :D

• Like 3

Killer Meteor

FIST OF DEATH (1982)

Lame South Korean Bruce/Jackiespolitation yarn with Kim Tae-Chung looking only like Bruce when he bugs his eyes out. The Jackie clone is even weaker. In a way, this is a Fist of Fury knock-off with the Ching Wu school vs the...well, the dialogue says "YMCA" but the logo on the school is clearly YMGA!

Either way, I wonder why I bother sometimes...

3/10

• Like 1

Just finished writing up my thoughts/ramblings on this old-school Korean actioner Eagle VS Silver Fox.

Click on the link below for my full write-up, thank you.

eaglevssilverfox_xenon_sc36.jpg

• Like 1

MV5BMTE5OTgzNDcyMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzU0

Click on the link below, for my opinion of this old school Hwang Jang Lee Kung Fu movie.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

One Armed Boxer
On 10/15/2015 at 10:36 AM, KenHashibe said:

Just saw Shaolin Drunken Monk a few days ago and unfortunately, I thought it was far from as exciting or funny as the title suggests. The fight scenes are great, but everything else is pretty dull. The melodrama in this movie kills me. It's a needlessly depressing and uncomfortable movie. But still, that fight towards the end with Gordon Liu fighting a guy with a chain whip was awesome though.

I watched this one myself recently, under the title '36 Chambers of Shaolin: The Final Confrontation'.  I can happily report it ticked all the boxes for a zany Korean kung-fu movie, having Gordon Liu as the star and Lau Kar Leung as the choreographer was the icing on the cake.  I gave it a full review here - 

http://cityonfire.com/36-chambers-of-shaolin-the-final-confrontation-1981-review-drunk-8-blows-crazy-8-blows-the-shaolin-drunken-monk/

• Like 1

Here's a couple of links to a few more old school Korean Dragon Lee movie write-ups.

RageoftheDragon+1980-15-b.jpg

And another link for my Dragon Infernal Showdown review.

long_quan_she_shou-540772321-large.jpg

• Like 2

Killer Meteor

Fury in Shaolin Temple (1982)

Poor Gordon Liu really needed a better agent judging from this Korean/HK trash, which sees him and one-time Bruce Lee clone Chang Il-Do as two long-lost brothers (or something) learning kung fu from different masters. Contrary to the credits, Phillip Ko is not worthy of second billing since his only scene is a fight with Chang which appears to have been inserted from a totally different film. Instead of the usual Shaolin bronzemen, we get the Shaolin men-in-multicolored-bodystockings, not to mention the worst single use of wirework you will ever see.

The things I do for England...

3/10

• Like 4

One Armed Boxer
On 1/1/2018 at 10:35 PM, Killer Meteor said:

Fury in Shaolin Temple (1982)

Poor Gordon Liu really needed a better agent judging from this Korean/HK trash, which sees him and one-time Bruce Lee clone Chang Il-Do as two long-lost brothers (or something) learning kung fu from different masters. Contrary to the credits, Phillip Ko is not worthy of second billing since his only scene is a fight with Chang which appears to have been inserted from a totally different film. Instead of the usual Shaolin bronzemen, we get the Shaolin men-in-multicolored-bodystockings, not to mention the worst single use of wirework you will ever see.

The things I do for England...

3/10

You're not the only Brit who's suffered through this one.  I gave it an additional point over your rating :tongueout - 

http://cityonfire.com/fury-in-shaolin-temple-aka-friendship-forged-in-blood-1982-review/

• Like 3

DragonClaws

Just re-posted an old review I wrote back in early 2016.

Any Kung Fu Fandom readers/follower, who would like to read thoughts on this one, just click on the link below, thank you.

Bi Un, and his furious footwork, in a scene from Invincibe Obsessed Fighter.

de55c836-54c8-c2d5-9e98-3f7ff01eaa33._RI

• Like 1

Killer Meteor

The Dragon's Snake Fist (1981)

Dragon Lee is at it again, in a more restrained than usual outing. Although this is apparently about the clash between the Snake FIst School and the Crane Fist School, we don't really see much of either style, as the emphasis is more on tae kwon do style kicks, and later some outrageous fire breathing antics. Yuen Qiu of The Man With The Golden Gun and Kung Fu Hustle (not to mention Rumble in Hong Kong) fame co-stars. Incidentially, Toby Russell's interview with Dragon Lee, included on the DVD, is incredibly amateurish, even for him!

• Like 2