The Raid / Serbuan Maut (2012)

ghevans

ShaOW!linDude
To say I am psyched is an understatement. When it arrives, I will attack the package like a rabid Rottweiler off the chain and running rampant through the neighborhood terrorizing school children.

Hey, a package. RRRRRRRRRRRIP!

It's my Blu-ray of THE RAID!!!!!!!!

Barararark! Barararark! Grrrrrrrrrr! Run, kiddos, run for your lives! Barararark! :tongue:

OpiumKungFuCracker
Hey, a package. RRRRRRRRRRRIP!

It's my Blu-ray of THE RAID!!!!!!!!

Barararark! Barararark! Grrrrrrrrrr! Run, kiddos, run for your lives! Barararark! :tongue:

Can't wait for the review, Thumbs Up/Down????

ShaOW!linDude

I plan to watch it tonight after the kids go to bed. But I'm not going to review it until next week sometime.

When I plan to review a film, I have to pause it as I make my notes. That's fine if it's an older film that I've seen a few times before and just want to do a review on it. With a new film, I just want to take it in. Then I'll do a 2nd viewing later and concentrate more on the aspects.

And from what I've heard/read, I'll want to do multiple viewings.:xd: Shoot, I may watch it twice tonight.

I can't go through all 68 pages, can someone tell me which versions, PAL or NTSC, dvd or bluray feature extra footage? I saw the film in the cinema and want to see what's been mentioned as uncensored footage or whatever.

@Phoenix: OK I got the US NTSC unrated BR of the movie and like I wrote I had seen the movie in the theatres 2X's also and I really didn't notice anything added to the film. As far as added footage the BR has the making of it etc. but no deleted scenes.

wow I havent been here for a while lol.

Just watched the RAID on bluray,my god what a furious and awesome film. Some of the best action scenes Ive seen for a long time.

Couple of questions about the blu-ray:

Is it really missing the commentary? If so, that sucks.

And can you listen to the Shinoda score while watching the movie in Indonesian?

I really liked this, can't wait to see what more you have in store in the future. All i can say is don't change please.(in a bad way like less fights etc.):tongue: Also thanks:bigsmile: Speaking to ghevans and everyone related to these movies ofcourse.

I didn't look at the extras yet.

ShaOW!linDude

Wow! Just......Wow! Man, I wish I could've caught this on the big screen.:cry:

I'm astounded! I'm flabbergasted! I'm...well chuffed! (As my mate Karlos would say.) That was intense. I was sort of glad when the fights finally started so I could actually relax (which seems kind of odd). I was not at all disappointed, and I don't think it's been over-hyped. I'd sooner watch films like this than those loaded with with an overuse of firepower, car chases, and explosions (not that those are bad, mind you). I had to force myself not to rewind anything so as not to upset the flow.....well, except one time. Pardon the pun, but this movie is killer!

(Still gonna be next week before I review it though. Gonna have to watch that again!)

Couple of questions about the blu-ray:

Is it really missing the commentary? If so, that sucks.

And can you listen to the Shinoda score while watching the movie in Indonesian?

No, it's not (but I've not listened to it yet) and, yes, you can (it's not bad).

Wow! Just......Wow! Man, I wish I could've caught this on the big screen.:cry:

I'm astounded! I'm flabbergasted! I'm...well chuffed! (As my mate Karlos would say.) That was intense. I was sort of glad when the fights finally started so I could actually relax (which seems kind of odd). I was not at all disappointed, and I don't think it's been over-hyped. I'd sooner watch films like this than those loaded with with an overuse of firepower, car chases, and explosions (not that those are bad, mind you). I had to force myself not to rewind anything so as not to upset the flow.....well, except one time. Pardon the pun, but this movie is killer!

(Still gonna be next week before I review it though. Gonna have to watch that again!)

No, it's not (but I've not listened to it yet) and, yes, you can (it's not bad).

Awesome. Thanks!

@ShaOW!linDude: All I can say to you is "I told My Kung-Fu Brother"! And for everyone who is finally seeing the movie now since its DVD release, I don't think anyone of us over hyped this movie! It just awesome! And I agree give me this type of action movie over a blow up car chase fest any day of the week!

OpiumKungFuCracker

Hey guys, After just seeing Expendables 2 its safe to say that The Raid is still The best Action movie of 2012, Congrats!!!!

In short, no Director's commentary on the Blu Ray *US* release :(

Yes, there is.

It's a good commentary, with details about the fighters, the production, the special effects, etc.

• Administrator

After seeing conflicting reports about whether or not there is a Director's Commentary on the US R1 BD, I just checked.

Yes, there is one. It's accessed in the special features. There is also a subtitle track for the commentary as well.

The people here on the forum that have said "no there's not a commentary" aren't the kind of people that would just randomly give false information though. So apparently there are some defective BD's out there. Feel bad for those that got this without that cool feature. :squigglemouth:

I just finished this EPIC film (1st time seeing it).

My US bluray DOES have the commentary in special features.

Funny, I also just watched this for the first time. I rented, and the DVD had no bonus on it, or even the original music score. Oh well. What a crazy action packed film. Great fights, with some intense violence. Wow.

And yes, I've read all 70 pages of this thread, so I've been anticipating this one for a while!

Hey guys, After just seeing Expendables 2 its safe to say that The Raid is still The best Action movie of 2012, Congrats!!!!

I've not seen either movie but it's a pretty safe bet Expendables 2 is not as good as Death Grip, which might not be as good as The Raid but is probably going to turn out amongst the best action/martial arts movies of 2012 in my opinion.

can anyone confirm if the region one DVD has the original soundtrack? And what other audio options are also available? Is there an audio commentary?

With regards to the US Blu-ray can anyone confirm if it is region free/area free?

I`m an old-school jaded martial arts movie fan and about crapped my pants after watching this. (haha) Damn what an action movie! It was fast but there were moves. You could clearly follow the choreography. I just finished watching it and only had the rental dvd but this will go on my list to buy. Can`t wait to watch the behind-the-scenes stuff available on the blu. But, Sony Classics dropped the ball on this one. I would have promoted the hell out of it and got it into as many theaters as possible. And, this isn`t one of those movies where subtitles are an issue.

I took my Son who is 9 & his friend to see this movie in NYC 42nd. street and you had to see the look on there faces! And your right the subtitles didn't even bother him, funny thing is now he is watching all my classic Jet Li movies with subtitles. Making his Daddy Proud!

I took my Son who is 9 & his friend to see this movie in NYC 42nd. street and you had to see the look on there faces! And your right the subtitles didn't even bother him, funny thing is now he is watching all my classic Jet Li movies with subtitles. Making his Daddy Proud!

WAY TO GO DAISHO! :bigsmile: