The Raid / Serbuan Maut (2012)

ghevans

The picture on the site is just of the movie poster not a DVD cover.

I also doubt there are 2 versions floating around with nonremovable subtitles.

This version isn't BAD it is just obviously not as good as the actual US release is going to be and it is a bootleg for sure.

I only bought it to hold me over until the release in August :nerd:

I got it my copy from that site (it's runned by a friend of mine). The cover is almost identical to the one showed on the site. Only difference is that the movie credits under «The Raid Redemption» at the bottom are not on the cover. The rest of the picture is the same, the press ads are there, etc.. Nice print with un-removable Korean subtitles. Could have live without it but there's like 20 minutes of dialogue in that movie! The removable English subtitles are yellow. More than good enough for me and since I got it for free, I won't bother with any other release. Will watch it again tonight! :nerd:

oneskyforall
I got it my copy from that site (it's runned by a friend of mine). The cover is almost identical to the one showed on the site. Only difference is that the movie credits under «The Raid Redemption» at the bottom are not on the cover. The rest of the picture is the same, the press ads are there, etc.. Nice print with un-removable Korean subtitles. Could have live without it but there's like 20 minutes of dialogue in that movie! The removable English subtitles are yellow. More than good enough for me and since I got it for free, I won't bother with any other release. Will watch it again tonight! :nerd:

I actually watched my copy a few days ago and the picture was not as bad as I originally thought when I previewed it, it was actually great after the first few low-light scenes in the beginning!

OpiumKungFuCracker

It's actually cheaper in the U.K than it is here in America, how sad.... Good thing I have an all region dvd player!!!!

OpiumKungFuCracker
WTF!!!:mad:

Blu Ray get's the original soundrack but DVD doesn't??

what about R1?

Could be a typo error, the only difference in U.K and U.S is that Gareth does the commentary on the U.K version.. That would suck though if the dvd only has 1 cut of the film but I highly doubt it though...

OpiumKungFuCracker
but the US discs also have Garaeth commentary

Hmmm, that's weird... Is it the same commentary on both U.S and U.K??? Or does he do a different one for U.S cut and uncut??? I don't understand why the text read, "Directors commentary *Exclusive to UK Disc*". If it's exclusive then why the F is it on the U.S version as well???

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Can't freaking wait for Tuesday. I'm going to be at the Best Buy before they open with my face pressed against their filthy glass door, clamoring to get in. :nerd:

Can't freaking wait for Tuesday. I'm going to be at the Best Buy before they open with my face pressed against their filthy glass door, clamoring to get in.

Ditto on that! I'll be there as well! And all I will say Bob if there was only one copy left and it came down to you & me, I would have to say "You'd Kill Us We Who Use to Be Your Brothers"! :tongue: OK a little Avenging Eagles one-liner there!

I pre ordered it at moviestop so you know ill be there. I've been trying not to, but since I saw the movie I've been watching at least part of a fight scene every week. Tuesday, please come. :sad:

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
I pre ordered it at moviestop so you know ill be there. I've been trying not to, but since I saw the movie I've been watching at least part of a fight scene every week. Tuesday, please come. :sad:

I have resisted. Someone sent me a bootleg, but it was like being blindfolded watching ninjas fight in a windowless room covered in black velvet. LOL After the great experience of seeing it in the theater I just want to see it "just right" again (and again... and again).

Ditto on that! I'll be there as well! And all I will say Bob if there was only one copy left and it came down to you & me, I would have to say "You'd Kill Us We Who Use to Be Your Brothers"! :tongue: OK a little Avenging Eagles one-liner there!

Daisho, I consider you my friend. But still... I will be carrying my three-piece staff in case I need it (AVENGING EAGLES style). :xd: Am I to assume you will be wearing wrist blades? :bigsmile:

I'm psyched to finally watch this with my lady- she hasn't seen it yet. Plus I want to show my Dad too. Mom will NOT want to see this one! :tongue:

The bootleg I watched wasn't too great either but the fights on youtube are better quality, lol. But on watching the whole thing in great quality, I'll wait for the blurry.

TibetanWhiteCrane

I've saved myself, or rather the movie, by not watching a single snippet outside of the trailer. But I also hyped it down in my mind, cuz there is no way it can be as good as the 50 pages of praise in this thread suggest.

Daisho, I consider you my friend. But still... I will be carrying my three-piece staff in case I need it (AVENGING EAGLES style). Am I to assume you will be wearing wrist blades?

@KFB: Damn Bob that is my favorite weapon! I guess I gotta go to my Butterfly Swords then! :xd:

@TWC: Trust me you won't be disappointed!

Amazon has finally lowered their price to a more realistic $19.99 (Bluray).

There for awhile I thought about holding out another month for the play.com steelbook edition because US prices were so high and the US cover art sucks. I probably would have jumped on the UK steelbook, but it looks like play.com doesn't ship to the US.

there is no way it can be as good as the 50 pages of praise in this thread suggest.

no worries, its not :bigsmile:

that being said, have fun. its guaranteed.

Blu Ray out tomorrow. Yesss....

Gareth, thank you for releasing the Blu Ray in its uncut glory with the Faraj soundtrack to boot!

OpiumKungFuCracker
I've saved myself, or rather the movie, by not watching a single snippet outside of the trailer. But I also hyped it down in my mind, cuz there is no way it can be as good as the 50 pages of praise in this thread suggest.

It's not the coming of christ but its damn well close..

TibetanWhiteCrane

I hope not, im agnostic:smile:

I've just learned to hype these things down in my own mind, when I don't, I almost always end up dissapointed instead of happily surprised.

• Administrator
I hope not, im agnostic:smile:

I've just learned to hype these things down in my own mind, when I don't, I almost always end up dissapointed instead of happily surprised.

Figure it this way- You know when you're watching one of those low-budget SWAT team type movies and you keep thinking "If this thing just had some decent fighting in it, it wouldn't be bad."? Well this is that film, but instead of there just being "decent" fighting, it's fast, brutal, and exciting. I hope you dig it. Now I'm off to watch my new Blu-Ray! :nerd:

I believe I'll make this a blind buy purchase.

How do I tell the uncut version?

It'll say "UNRATED EDITION" at the top :bigsmile: But, if you're referring to the version with the original score as an option, that's only on blu-ray. However, both blu and DVD have the unrated version with at least the Shinoda/Trapanese score.