The Raid / Serbuan Maut (2012)

ghevans

Gareth confirmed on Twitter that the two extra shots which will be included in the unrated version will be the extra execution in Tama's office near the start, and a longer shot of Andi pulling knife out of elevator victim's neck. now, I'm wondering about the color scheme though, as the early trailers showed a different color scheme, with a brighter bluish hue, while the eventual US release had a more toned down gray hue. which color scheme do you guys think the US dvd will have?

http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?item_id=1618631&tab=5&back=1&anchor=1#topoftabs

by the way, the above link shows the back cover artwork, which confirms the US release will also have the original music in addition to Mike Shinoda's score on the Bluray, however the DVD back cover makes no mention of this, so it's probably a BD exclusive

OpiumKungFuCracker
however the DVD back cover makes no mention of this, so it's probably a BD exclusive

Hahahhahah @ dvd disc owners... Let me know when you guys can afford a bluray player that cost like 50 bucks but until then I will laugh at your expense you pitty little peasants,hahahhahah!!!!:xd::xd::xd::xd::xd:

Hahahhahah @ dvd disc owners... Let me know when you guys can afford a bluray player that cost like 50 bucks but until then I will laugh at your expense you pitty little peasants,hahahhahah!!!!:xd::xd::xd::xd::xd:

It's not the blu-ray player that's the problem it's the HDTV that you've got to buy with it to watch them on! Saving up for an HD projector now.......Stuff like this coming out doesn't make it easy to wait though.

Gareth confirmed on Twitter that the two extra shots which will be included in the unrated version will be the extra execution in Tama's office near the start, and a longer shot of Andi pulling knife out of elevator victim's neck. now, I'm wondering about the color scheme though, as the early trailers showed a different color scheme, with a brighter bluish hue, while the eventual US release had a more toned down gray hue. which color scheme do you guys think the US dvd will have?

http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?item_id=1618631&tab=5&back=1&anchor=1#topoftabs

by the way, the above link shows the back cover artwork, which confirms the US release will also have the original music in addition to Mike Shinoda's score on the Bluray, however the DVD back cover makes no mention of this, so it's probably a BD exclusive

If that doesn't appear on the DVD I'm going to be so pissed off at Gareth coming on here telling us that was part of the deal, guaranteeing it.:squigglemouth:

Gareth PLEASE tell us it isn't so?

Hahahhahah @ dvd disc owners... Let me know when you guys can afford a bluray player that cost like 50 bucks but until then I will laugh at your expense you pitty little peasants,hahahhahah!!!

Come on dude have a little class, just because you can afford a Blu-ray player and the extra expense Blu-ray discs cost isn't any reason to gloat.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Come on dude have a little class, just because you can afford a Blu-ray player and the extra expense Blu-ray discs cost isn't any reason to gloat.

Dude it's called a joke??? I still buy vhs/laserdisc and it cost me twice as much as bluray disc... Heck I still own a crt monitor with the analog only receiver:tongue:...

I've known that you do joke quite often and find alot of it funny. I think the other day you typed something meant to be funny and I took it serious and wrote ya serious pm about it. Sometimesn I can catch your humor, but if it goes over my head I feel like homer later on when it registers. DOH

OpiumKungFuCracker
I've known that you do joke quite often and find alot of it funny. I think the other day you typed something meant to be funny and I took it serious and wrote ya serious pm about it. Sometimesn I can catch your humor, but if it goes over my head I feel like homer later on when it registers. DOH

LOL, it's all good brah...:bigsmile:

The Dragon

Can't wait to see this! So many WTF?! Moments, it's unbelievable. Sort of like when BATTLE ROYALE first dropped!

:bigsmile:

daisho2004

I think I can honestly say this has got to be one of the most anticipated DVD releases in a while that everyone is waiting for! I seen it twice and I still cannot wait to get it on BR!

:khi4b:

I think I can honestly say this has got to be one of the most anticipated DVD releases in a while that everyone is waiting for! I seen it twice and I still cannot wait to get it on BR!

:khi4b:

The wait is so hard..but then again I waited for The Protector and Ong Bak 2. Longest waits ever. Im trying to watch the fights on youtube as little as possible. :squigglemouth:

OpiumKungFuCracker

You can actually get the steelbook edition on ebay but please save some for me guys.... I want one too..

oneskyforall
It's dvd...

And it's definitely the bootleg copy I bought at my local foreign movie store.

"Nonremovable Vietnamese subs"

They also don't mention the soft shitty picture quality lol.

Here's the box:

2iger7q.jpg

OpiumKungFuCracker

^ Hahhahah, damn I was actually looking to see if my local Vietnamese dvd store had this in stock... It's a good thing they didn't, they only carry the best quality/original releases at garage sale prices...

And it's definitely the bootleg copy I bought at my local foreign movie store.

"Nonremovable Vietnamese subs"

They also don't mention the soft shitty picture quality lol.

Here's the box:

2iger7q.jpg

This cover does not look at all as the cover shown on that site (assuming it is the DVD cover that is shown on that site).

oneskyforall
This cover does not look at all as the cover shown on that site (assuming it is the DVD cover that is shown on that site).

The picture on the site is just of the movie poster not a DVD cover.

I also doubt there are 2 versions floating around with nonremovable subtitles.

This version isn't BAD it is just obviously not as good as the actual US release is going to be and it is a bootleg for sure.

I only bought it to hold me over until the release in August :nerd:

^ Hahhahah, damn I was actually looking to see if my local Vietnamese dvd store had this in stock... It's a good thing they didn't, they only carry the best quality/original releases at garage sale prices...

Lucky you! The foreign movie store closest to me almost ONLY carried bootlegs, which I am assuming is the reason they closed down last week haha.

Now I am stuck buying movies online or the occasional rare and cheap find at FYE or Suncoast.

blue_skies

Now I am stuck buying movies online or the occasional rare and cheap find at FYE or Suncoast.

is that a bad thing? I'd hate to think how many movies I would have missed out on, probably from ever seeing, if it wasn't for buying movies online from my country and importing DVDs from abroad. No need to go to the shops, no queues, no hustle & bustle of the crowds, no trips to find what you want isn't there. And I hate to think how much more everything would have cost in store!

By the way the Blu-ray is only £12 on Amazon UK

blue_skies

by the way I haven't missed the director coming back to confirm or deny that the DVD will or won't have both soundtracks have I? And if the situation is different on UK/US DVDs?

oneskyforall
is that a bad thing? I'd hate to think how many movies I would have missed out on, probably from ever seeing, if it wasn't for buying movies online from my country and importing DVDs from abroad. No need to go to the shops, no queues, no hustle & bustle of the crowds, no trips to find what you want isn't there. And I hate to think how much more everything would have cost in store!

By the way the Blu-ray is only £12 on Amazon UK

True but I like to go out and wander around movie stores looking for movies! I don't like sitting behind a computer ordering things all the time lol.

I wonder if Best Buy will get a Blu Ray + DVD combo for this movie... I hope so. They seem to have one for every other martial arts movie to come out recently.

OpiumKungFuCracker
True but I like to go out and wander around movie stores looking for movies! I don't like sitting behind a computer ordering things all the time lol.

I wonder if Best Buy will get a Blu Ray + DVD combo for this movie... I hope so. They seem to have one for every other martial arts movie to come out recently.

Dude that's how I am... I try to do my dvd shopping every Sunday and most of the time I get the films I want right now instead of anticipating and waiting for it in the mail... Sometimes I like the instant gratification from dvd store shopping and there is a ton of specialize dvd stores in my town like, Half Price books/Movie Exchange/Blockbuster is still open for business and sometimes they have a sidewalk sale but I fucking hate their dvd cases fucking stickers all over the godamn thing...