The Raid / Serbuan Maut (2012)

ghevans

hanshotfirst
Aint seen it yet myself.. but googled it and found a negative review

101 minutes exactly of poorly written, noisy, unintelligent garbage

The Raid: Redemption is a dull film, one that applies its arsenal of staggeringly uninventive ideas to wafer thin characterisation and plot, at a skewed and thuddingly slow pace. With its saturation of fight scenes and mouthy, teenage dialogue, you feel as if you are personally taking a beating by a gang of feckless yobs, rather than watching “The best action movie in a decade”, so quoted by the film poster.

BUT STILL I AWAIT its screening

http://www.theupcoming.co.uk/2012/04/24/film-review-the-raid-redemption-is-a-loud-macho-bore-fest/

Roger Ebert was among the few noteworthy critics who was a dissenting voice.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Can't wait for this movie to drop on bluray/dvd... I wanna see the Chapter selections, descriptions like: slice and dice room service, guy with red shirt gets tenderize by framed door, Fluorescent night light, Nuke The Fridge, Mad Dog takes out swat???

blue_skies
Can't wait for this movie to drop on bluray/dvd... I wanna see the Chapter selections, descriptions like: slice and dice room service, guy with red shirt gets tenderize by framed door, Fluorescent night light, Nuke The Fridge, Mad Dog takes out swat???

you realise people haven't seen the movie!:wink:

Roger Ebert was among the few noteworthy critics who was a dissenting voice.

When it comes to martial arts movies and top action films, would you really rely on a mainstream movie critic?

OpiumKungFuCracker
you realise people haven't seen the movie!:wink:

LOL, My bad bro.. That's just some of the description from the trailer.. Don't worry, there is a lot more action set pieces to drool over...

kingofkungfu2002

Going to see this on Monday :nerd: The last film I saw at the cinema was Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King, so this is a real one off for me.

And if anyone spoils my enjoyment by using their phones etc BE WARNED...The beatdown I give you will make The Raid look like Tom & Jerry :tongue:

daisho2004

@kingofkungfu2002: Let me know how many People are in the Theatre when you go, both times I went it was pretty empty a lot of People don't know about this movie. And that is a real Damn shame!

kingofkungfu2002
@kingofkungfu2002: Let me know how many People are in the Theatre when you go, both times I went it was pretty empty a lot of People don't know about this movie. And that is a real Damn shame!

I'm going to the morning showing in the hope that it won't be too busy to be honest. I think the fact that it's subtitled still seems to put a lot of people off these days :squigglemouth:

OpiumKungFuCracker
Going to see this on Monday :nerd: The last film I saw at the cinema was Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King, so this is a real one off for me.

And if anyone spoils my enjoyment by using their phones etc BE WARNED...The beatdown I give you will make The Raid look like Tom & Jerry :tongue:

Bro that was like 9 yrs ago??? Movie going experience has changed significantly and it's more than just a phone you have to worry about for example:

1. people running up and down the stairs to go to the restroom

2. Late arrivals

3. The I still won't shut the fuck up even though it's just the trailers people

4. The guy/gal who eats his snack a little too loud..

5. The first guy who enters the theaters picks out his seat and several mins later his buddy walks in looking for him so in order for his friend to locate him, he turns on his cellphone as a light detection indicator to locate the seats.

6. Urine sample

7. up coming trailers before the trailers

8. When the lights don't dim at the right moment

9. Audio out of sync

10. Popcorn cost like 30 bucks???

11. Really lame Arcade games that nobody ever plays, like ever???

12. Now introducing mini Corn Dogs???

13. Large coke is still $4.50

14. stabbing of small children after matinee showing...

Can anyone else give examples, we don't want kingofkungfu2002 to go all crazy up in here!!!

sifu iron perm

Just got back..wow, Brilliant! the opening part was intense as hell. This was directed, edited and choreographed very well. The Little dude blew my breadth away..

odioustrident

15. The projection rarely matching the screen... resulting in a little to a lot of lost picture. What the fuck is that about?

OpiumKungFuCracker
15. The projection rarely matching the screen... resulting in a little to a lot of lost picture. What the fuck is that about?

Holy Crap!!!:tinysmile_angry2_t: I'm sorry to hear that bro.. I would be extremely pissed if that was my screening... This was in the U.K???

odioustrident

That's in the NY area... it's going on to some degree at every theater I've been to recently. I never noticed because I never paid attention.

daisho2004
so correct me if im wrong, a sequel is in the works?

@sifu iron perm: Actually the director is talking about making this into a trilogy!

daisho2004

@odioustrident: I seen this film twice once in NYC and the other time in NJ I didn't see any problems with the screen projection. You must've just went to a bad theatre and that sucks sorry Bro!

OpiumKungFuCracker
That's in the NY area... it's going on to some degree at every theater I've been to recently. I never noticed because I never paid attention.

It's probably AMC theaters because they also have the fake Imax theater which charges for full price Imax even though the screen is only half the size of the real one.. Oh and...

16.. Air conditioning vents aren't turned on!!!!! It gets extremely hot!!!

The Empire Cinema in Leicester Square had a special midnight screening last night with an introduction by Gareth Evans himself. Even though the place wasn't sold out (the screen was huge, probably the biggest I have ever seen in my life) the place was still buzzing and people were making A LOT of noise. In the UK every one tends to be pretty quiet whilst watching a film at the cinema but the place was wild! Really added to the atmosphere.

Gareth came off as a really cool, down to earth dude and asked that we not be the typical reserved UK audience and shout, cheer, holla etc. Was great night.

As for the film itself, it was very intense! And very, very violent! Great action, great atmosphere and even some funny moments too. Awesome movie.

sifu iron perm
The Empire Cinema in Leicester Square had a special midnight screening last night with an introduction by Gareth Evans himself. Even though the place wasn't sold out (the screen was huge, probably the biggest I have ever seen in my life) the place was still buzzing and people were making A LOT of noise. In the UK every one tends to be pretty quiet whilst watching a film at the cinema but the place was wild! Really added to the atmosphere.

Gareth came off as a really cool, down to earth dude and asked that we not be the typical reserved UK audience and shout, cheer, holla etc. Was great night.

As for the film itself, it was very intense! And very, very violent! Great action, great atmosphere and even some funny moments too. Awesome movie.

man wish i knew about that screening!

Sounded nice..the film was pound for pound hardcore action!

going next saturday to convent garden to watch it with about 10 other fans still have to wait a few more days..and someone at my work who doesnt like martial arts films has already seen it.. quite irritating for me

ShaOW!linDude
..and someone at my work who doesnt like martial arts films has already seen it.. quite irritating for me

Are they telling you how boring it was or something?:tongue: