The Raid / Serbuan Maut (2012)

ghevans

$285,000 for the second weekend. Only 40 or so theatres.

This could have easily been released nationwide this past weekend. Clash of the Titans only grossed $34 million.

Had The Raid had the same amount of theatres - it would gross $34 million easily.

LOL as it will be a Blockbuster, whether released now or later.

$285,000 for the second weekend. Only 40 or so theatres.

This could have easily been released nationwide this past weekend. Clash of the Titans only grossed $34 million.

Had The Raid had the same amount of theatres - it would gross $34 million easily.

LOL as it will be a Blockbuster, whether released now or later.

lol saw your post on the IMDB message boards and I agree wholeheartedly. As it stands right now, I could drive for 2+ hours and see the movie once or, if/when it gets a nationwide release, see the film 2+ times. I think Sony is still being cautious.

ShaOW!linDude

Saw a trailer for this last night on television. It was a shot spot, maybe 20-30 seconds. It didn't explain at all what the film was about and was really nothing more that crammed together action sequences, most of which were sub-par to what we've all seen.

I'm dying to see this on the big screen (ain't gonna happen here in Bama) and it didn't do anything to really generate my interest. Hope this isn't the TV spot floating around everywhere or I'm afraid it won't garner the support the film truly deserves in the US.

Saw a trailer for this last night on television. It was a shot spot, maybe 20-30 seconds. It didn't explain at all what the film was about and was really nothing more that crammed together action sequences, most of which were sub-par to what we've all seen.

I'm dying to see this on the big screen (ain't gonna happen here in Bama) and it didn't do anything to really generate my interest. Hope this isn't the TV spot floating around everywhere or I'm afraid it won't garner the support the film truly deserves in the US.

I saw a spot too on Spike TV that did the same, you figure the marketing strategy would've been reminiscent of the strategy used when Paranormal Activity 1st released, telling people to demand it in their towns.

TibetanWhiteCrane

The US (or western world in general) never knew how to promote these movies, and never will!

A mix of lacking respect and ignorance I asume.

ShaOW!linDude

@ mark187:

Dude! You are the man!!!!!

I think the Mrs. and I are due for a date night!:xd:

@ShaOW!linDude: OK 2 things 1st. go to YouTube for the extended trailer, 2nd. Get your Ass to the movies to see it! I don't care if you gotta drive 2 hrs. to see it, its worth it, trust me on that!

ShaOW!linDude
@ShaOW!linDude: OK 2 things 1st. go to YouTube for the extended trailer, 2nd. Get your Ass to the movies to see it! I don't care if you gotta drive 2 hrs. to see it, its worth it, trust me on that!

Oh, I've seen the good trailers, bro!:xd: I'm just saying that the TV spot I saw didn't do it justice to bring in viewers who know nothing about it.

And it's only like a 30-40 minute drive to the nearest theater it'll be showing at, so that's cool.

The problem is funds. My unemployment has dried up and the Mrs.'s b'day is this month. Just gotta figure something out. She'd be down to see it. She loves a good MA/action flick. I just hate to make her pay for her own b'day date.:tinysmile_angry2_t:

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
@ ShaOW!linDude, it will be playing in 3 different theaters in Birmingham AL starting next Friday. here is the current list for the US, they've expanded it even more

http://www.sonyclassics.com/theraid/dates.html

Thanks for that link! Nice, it's playing at one of my favorite theaters (about twenty minutes away)!!!!

The Amazing Psycho Per

Saw this in theater yesterday and it literally kicked my ass. Action scene are plentiful, tense and violent. Fights are brutal, fast and crisp and the final is in the spirit of old school kung fu movies. I don't even want to find something to nitpick. Go see this... It has classic written all over it.

On a side note: Count me in the gang who can't stand going to the theater anymore. I had two people yaping and laughing at every word all movie long. Every fucking time I go to the movies people are talking like they are in their living room, whatever the type of movie I'm seeing. What is wrong with people? It's a global phenomena, in the era of Facebook and Twitter, people must yap and textevery fucking word that comes to their mind at every second...

OpiumKungFuCracker
Saw this in theater yesterday and it literally kicked my ass. Action scene are plentiful, tense and violent. Fights are brutal, fast and crisp and the final is in the spirit of old school kung fu movies. I don't even want to find something to nitpick. Go see this... It has classic written all over it.

On a side note: Count me in the gang who can't stand going to the theater anymore. I had two people yaping and laughing at every word all movie long. Every fucking time I go to the movies people are talking like they are in their living room, whatever the type of movie I'm seeing. What is wrong with people? It's a global phenomena, in the era of Facebook and Twitter, people must yap and textevery fucking word that comes to their mind at every second...

You know a movie is good when The Amazing Pyscho praises it... You are probably one of the most jaded movie observer on here, which say's a lot about how bad ass this movie is.. I agree with you that going to the movies ain't like it used to be.. To avoid such annoying tripe in the case of talking/texting or whatever I would go to a upper class theater/weekdays/ or matinee showings...

For this movie I got lucky and had no problems with people talking/texting.. Oh do you have the draft-house near where you live??? They have a no policy talking/texting which they play before a screening of a movie...

ShaOW!linDude
On a side note: Count me in the gang who can't stand going to the theater anymore. I had two people yaping and laughing at every word all movie long. Every fucking time I go to the movies people are talking like they are in their living room, whatever the type of movie I'm seeing. What is wrong with people? It's a global phenomena, in the era of Facebook and Twitter, people must yap and text every fucking word that comes to their mind at every second...

Do what I do. I tell 'em flat out to stop talking 'cause I paid to hear the movie and notsomeone yapping. And if they don't stop, I jack 'em up for the cost of my ticket. True story. I've told people who were talking they owed me $____ (insert ticket price here) for ruining the film and so that I could come back and watch it when they weren't there.

(It's a last resort but hasn't failed me yet. Disclaimer: This tactic is not an option when taking the kids to a kids' movie. Besides, their commentary is actually funny and relevant.)

Count me in the gang who can't stand going to the theater anymore. I had two people yaping and laughing at every word all movie long. Every fucking time I go to the movies people are talking like they are in their living room, whatever the type of movie I'm seeing. What is wrong with people? It's a global phenomena, in the era of Facebook and Twitter, people must yap and textevery fucking word that comes to their mind at every second...

Yep, every time I go to the movies, there's a 50/50 chance the experience will be ruined, I've had some pretty "legendary" experiences at the theater...at the same time I don't want to wait on some movies, so I take the chance. It's bad for my blood pressure for sure.

True story. I've told people who were talking they owed me $____ (insert ticket price here) for ruining the film and so that I could come back and watch it when they weren't there.

*Begins slow clap*

Dude, you are my hero. Next time I go to the movies, I'm going with you!

The Last Dragon

I went to see this classic yesterday in Miami Beach. Just as you all said this movie is one of the best action movies I have seen in quite awhile. As far as the editing is concerned that was best Ive ever seen, you could see every move being made. Congrats to you Gareth everything from the tension to even the characters were great. I like the fact that a few of the members on the swat team you really felt for them when one of them would die off. The weapons display and hand to hand were just off the hook. Mad Dog is a beast. Hope to see him again. I believe he was in Merantau the guy in the elevator I think. Not sure how tall he is, doesn't look over 5'0 but can whoop as and quick on his feet. I like the fact that some of the villians could actually fight so it made it more interesting.

I prepaid to see this ahead of time as I wasn't sure a big crowd would be there. Sadly about 10 people were there as a movie like this should be seen by all. It was awesome that after the first long fight sequence everybody in theatre applauded. I've never seen that before and the end fight as well. Everybody yelled out 'DAMN" and hollered. Won't give anything too much away as I know some of you still haven't seen it. Thank You Mr. Evans for your hard work and the cast. Look forward to many more of your projects. Iko is a star and hopefully hollywood doesn't get a hold of him. I could talk about this movie all day but yes like everybody said GO SEE THIS. BEST MOVIE THIS YEAR, forget THE Avengers though I will see that too lol.

ShaOW!linDude
Yep, every time I go to the movies, there's a 50/50 chance the experience will be ruined, I've had some pretty "legendary" experiences at the theater...at the same time I don't want to wait on some movies, so I take the chance. It's bad for my blood pressure for sure.

Bro, I feel you on that!

*Begins slow clap*

Dude, you are my hero. Next time I go to the movies, I'm going with you!

Hah! Cool beans!

My wife hates whenever I do that though.

I don't know, but it drives me FUCKING BANANAS! Not only did I pay to see this movie, but so did they. Why pay good money to sit around and NOT watch a movie?

I always try to go to an early show even if I take my Son who is 9yrs Old! Or during a weeknight when I know there isn't going to be that many people there. I made that mistake 1 day last year went to see a later show on Friday or Saturday night worst mistake I could've made I went and got my money! Almost got into it with some jerkoff Teenagers!

On a Side note this is a movie that you have to experience on the big screen!

Is it worth a 2 hour drive if there's a chance someone can ruin it for you by talking/txting during the movie?

@trueth: Listen I had to drive to NYC from Staten Island 30-40 mins in traffic then take the train another 20minutes! So to answer your question try to go early because this movie is well worth it! Trust me on that! I only wish that I watched it twice!

Listen right now this is the Baddest movie out hands down, we will all be comparing action scenes in this movie to ones that will be coming out! HK & American made ones.