The Raid / Serbuan Maut (2012)

ghevans

Looking forward to the sequel

@Shaolin Patriot Why do you think there is going to be a sequel for? I didn't get that impression at all...

wizard12220

Gareth is planning to make it trilogy.

The second one is Berandal, which is actually supposed to be made before The Raid

Gareth is planning to make it trilogy.

The second one is Berandal, which is actually supposed to be made before The Raid

@wizard12220: I didn't know that WOW!

I'm not sure if it was on this thread but I'm pretty sure that Gareth himself posted on this forum saying about The sequel/trilogy (whichever was the case)

ShaOW!linDude

Yeah, Berandal was initially suppose to be the follow up film for Gareth and Iko. They put together a "trailer" to show potential investors for production costs. For whatever reason, it didn't pan out. Now I think Gareth has mentioned he plans to use that premise for the sequel.

I know it's on here somewhere but for those who haven't seen it, here's that "trailer".

exNxJQsMJJ4

ShaOW!linDude

Hah! Just found this.

lO9i2yV0CsQ

It's a commercial for an energy drink called Kuku-Bima starring Iko Uwais.

Oh, it's Kuku alright! But it has it's moments. Hope I never see anything this bad in his films.:tongue:

OK here is an interview with the Director of the Raid Gareth Evans and he talks about what the sequel will be about! I cannot wait this Director is the New Guy on the Block as far as action movies go and he's not even Asian! Making Asian Action movies you would excpect this from Guys like Johnnie To

http://twitchfilm.com/interviews/2012/03/video-interview-the-raid-redemption-writerdirector-gareth-evans.php

OpiumKungFuCracker
OK here is an interview with the Director of the Raid Gareth Evans and he talks about what the sequel will be about! I cannot wait this Director is the New Guy on the Block as far as action movies go and he's not even Asian! Making Asian Action movies you would excpect this from Guys like Johnnie To

http://twitchfilm.com/interviews/2012/03/video-interview-the-raid-redemption-writerdirector-gareth-evans.php

Gareth Evans is the Slim Shady of Asian movies....

Hah! Just found this.

lO9i2yV0CsQ

It's a commercial for an energy drink called Kuku-Bima starring Iko Uwais.

Oh, it's Kuku alright! But it has it's moments. Hope I never see anything this bad in his films.:tongue:

Don't worry.

That commercial was made by other director. But basically, you will understand how bad action movie in Indonesia before Gareth came and unfortunately, the creator of the ads still hold that paradigm.

THE RAID was nothing like that.

Anyway,

don't watch this before watching THE RAID or you'll be disappointed. :tongue:

GqolQNCOZbY

(okay.. Iko and GHEvans will track me to my home. I have to move)

Okay, I try to redeem that.

This one was demonstration by Iko's brothers in THE RAID premiere in Jakarta.

mcADN6pvZvI

(okay.. Iko and GHEvans will track me to my home. I have to move)

Okay, I try to redeem that.

This one was demonstration by Iko's brothers in THE RAID premiere in Jakarta.

mcADN6pvZvI

Hey the Original Indonesian Soundtrack by composers Aria Prayogi and Fajar Yuskemal can be heard in this clip!

hi, can anyone confirm that the original music soundtrack will be on the DVD when it is released? I seem to remember Gareth saying it would be or am I imagining that?

ShaOW!linDude

I'm pretty sure he did, too. And it's probably somewhere in this very 32 page thread!:tongue:

Happy hunting, blue_skies.:wink:

hi, can anyone confirm that the original music soundtrack will be on the DVD when it is released? I seem to remember Gareth saying it would be or am I imagining that?

Yes, here it is. Way back on page 10. Post #93.

Hey guys,

Soundtrack

The whole deal with Mike coming in to do an alternate soundtrack was something discussed while I was still in production on the film. We sold the rights during the Cannes Film Market and I was actually still shooting a scene when I took the call and Sony asked about having a soundtrack tailor made for the US release of the film.

It's something I'm genuinely excited about, I'm absolutely proud of my composers work on the film - but having someone of Mike's caliber working alongside Joe Trapanese (he worked with Daft Punk on the Tron soundtrack) I get the best of both worlds by seeing how another artist interprets my work.

Me and Mike spoke a lot about the style of music to be used in the film, it's all about creating atmosphere and finding the right moments for the music to come in big and when to sit in the background. He is a classically trained pianist and is approaching it as a "score" not just a series of tracks, I think any naysayers are going to be pleasantly surprised by the result.

But for those of you who are concerned about the original score, one of my first stipulations when we agreed on the deal was that the original soundtrack would be included in DVD/Blu Ray formats when released. My arguments were the same as yours - it doesn't take up that much disc space to add the extra audio track. But more importantly, me and the guys who worked on the music also designed the sound mix and we worked our arses off in those final stages of post-production. And they are people I respect and absolutely want to continue to work with, so for sure I'm doing everything in my power to protect their work.

I'm pretty sure he did, too. And it's probably somewhere in this very 32 page thread!:tongue:

Happy hunting, blue_skies.:wink:

Cheers SD:tongue:

Yes, here it is. Way back on page 10. Post #93.

Thanks for finding that :bigsmile:

I really appreciate it as I was watching some of the clips and trailers for the movie, thinking the music is going to lessen my enjoyment of the movie. I'm so glad I remembered that Gareth had said that:bigsmile:

Thanks for finding that :bigsmile:

I really appreciate it as I was watching some of the clips and trailers for the movie, thinking the music is going to lessen my enjoyment of the movie. I'm so glad I remembered that Gareth had said that:bigsmile:

Sure thing. Hunting around yesterday. There is NO mention of the original score. Even on the main website it titles only Trapanese and company. I mean nowhere. I'm prodding around some message boards to find more info. I'd like to hear the score by the team of people who were there working with Gareth and team as they did in Merantau. I know it can be heard in the Indonesian theatrical release as I type.

Maybe they are not able to release it as rights have been sold. And with a new soundtrack (ty capitalism) how else COULD they officially release it if not through the film?

Drunken Monk

I've been bead ridden with the flu for five days and now I'm finally free of it. This weekend I will go and see this!

OpiumKungFuCracker
I've been bead ridden with the flu for five days and now I'm finally free of it. This weekend I will go and see this!

Holy crap, my condolences... Just the thought of that I'm feeling miserable all ready... Even having the slightness of sickness it ruins my whole day... Did you drink a lot of OJ/vitamin C????

ShaOW!linDude
Holy crap, my condolences... Just the thought of that I'm feeling miserable all ready... Even having the slightness of sickness it ruins my whole day... Did you drink a lot of OJ/vitamin C????

Hey, everybody! OpiumKungFuCracker is a hypochondriac!!!!!:tongue:

Guest Markgway

Having learnt about the new soundtrack I might wait for the DVD/BD with the original. I'm assuming the version that will be shown in the UK is the same as the changed American release.

Drunken Monk

Yep, sure did. I had aches, hallucinations, fever, vomit, all that good stuff. My head is still swimming but I'm almost in the clear.

Yep, sure did. I had aches, hallucinations, fever, vomit, all that good stuff. My head is still swimming but I'm almost in the clear.

Glad to hear you're feeling better

Sure thing. Hunting around yesterday. There is NO mention of the original score. Even on the main website it titles only Trapanese and company. I mean nowhere. I'm prodding around some message boards to find more info. I'd like to hear the score by the team of people who were there working with Gareth and team as they did in Merantau. I know it can be heard in the Indonesian theatrical release as I type.

Maybe they are not able to release it as rights have been sold. And with a new soundtrack (ty capitalism) how else COULD they officially release it if not through the film?

Well I'm hoping that Gareth is true to his word and when he sold the movie the agreement was to keep the original music for the DVD/Blu-ray as part of the deal. If that's the case we have nothing to worry about as it would be a contractual obligation. Now that I think of it I hope that Gareth also included all future formats, or there could be a situation when whatever comes after Blu-ray… Super high def scratch and sniff is released that wouldn't have the original music. Anyway as long as the DVD has it who cares.:tongue:

Guest Yi-Long
Glad to hear you're feeling better

Well I'm hoping that Gareth is true to his word and when he sold the movie the agreement was to keep the original music for the DVD/Blu-ray as part of the deal. If that's the case we have nothing to worry about as it would be a contractual obligation. Now that I think of it I hope that Gareth also included all future formats, or there could be a situation when whatever comes after Blu-ray… Super high def scratch and sniff is released that wouldn't have the original music. Anyway as long as the DVD has it who cares.:tongue:

Gareth repeated his pledge/promise to bring the movie to us uncut and with the original soundtrack 2 monthes orso ago, and we haven't heard anything that goes against that promise, so I assume he keeps his word and he'll deliver.

And I'm very happy and grateful ofcourse when that happens :)

Honestly speaking no bias aside, the Shinoda/Trapanese score is seriously great. It's different in style from the original (which I also love) but both have major strengths and from the get go, Mike was very open and honest about his approach to the score and knowing his background and references for the score I'm way happy with how it's turned out. Both he and Joe understood exactly when the music should be big and drive the scene forward and when to sit in the background and build suspense and tension - i think you guys will love it and yes just for you Yi-Long you will be able to get both versions on the home video release uncut, frame for frame as I intended!

Seriously thank you so much for all your kind comments in response to the clips that went online recently, it means so much to hear the excitement building for the project. The reactions so far have been beyond anything we could have imagined and it has given us a massive boost to up our game for part 2.

And if the film happens to be playing nearby, please support it in the cinemas it goes a long way to proving that part 2 and the eventual part 3 are good ideas, and I want nothing more than to be able to keep finding new ways to make Iko break people :smile:

Cheers!

I've been hyping this upcoming release on dutch fora and to my friends, so I'm extremely excited about it and obviously it would be a major bummer if it doesn't come out with the original score.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Just saw this!!!! Folks, do you like cool bad guys??? Do you like menacing mob bosses with a bad ass henchman that can kick your ass??? Do you like to root for the bad guys??? Look no further, The bad guys are in full display in Evan's movie folks... Pure pure style, Evan's make David Fincher look like a Penny Marshal film when it comes to style.. It's a mad mad mad MAD DOG WORLD!!!