The Raid / Serbuan Maut (2012)

ghevans

I'm seeing this tonight at the Moma/NDNF screening in NYC. I'll try and post my thoughts afterwards, I'm sure it'll be awesome!

OpiumKungFuCracker
I'm seeing this tonight at the Moma/NDNF screening in NYC. I'll try and post my thoughts afterwards, I'm sure it'll be awesome!

Please do......:tongue:

Any news a release for the Original Indonesian Soundtrack by composers Aria Prayogi and Fajar Yuskemal?

I loved their work in Merantau. Very orchestral and climactic (like the finale at the loading dock). If they stepped their game up as much as Iwo and Gareth from their last project Merantau.... :wink:

I was so pissed off that it wasn't going to be playing anywhere near here. Turns out it is! Any DC/Maryland people can catch it at the Landmark E Street theater. I'll certainly be there!

Me and a couple friends are going to go see it there tomorrow. Can't wait!

monsterzero

Caught it again last night. Unfortunately, the sound and picture quality weren't half as good as the screening at TIFF. The quality of the Youtube clips are more clear than what I saw last night. It looked similar to when they forget to take the 3D lens off the projector. I'm curious if it was the projection or the print. The sound design, which is one of the best parts of the film, got lost in the lacklustre theatre speakers. And the new score, while not as bad as I thought it could be, was nothing in comparison to the original. I was going to catch it at least once more in the theatres, but I think I'm just going to hold off on the DVD.

Bottom line, even though it's worth it no matter what, if you have a choice and you know it's playing at a quality theatre, watch it there.

OpiumKungFuCracker
Caught it again last night. Unfortunately, the sound and picture quality weren't half as good as the screening at TIFF. The quality of the Youtube clips are more clear than what I saw last night. It looked similar to when they forget to take the 3D lens off the projector. I'm curious if it was the projection or the print. The sound design, which is one of the best parts of the film, got lost in the lacklustre theatre speakers. And the new score, while not as bad as I thought it could be, was nothing in comparison to the original. I was going to catch it at least once more in the theatres, but I think I'm just going to hold off on the DVD.

Bottom line, even though it's worth it no matter what, if you have a choice and you know it's playing at a quality theatre, watch it there.

Holy crap, which theater is that, I need to avoid it as much as possible... I hope it's the theater and not the print itself cause that would suck ass....

monsterzero
Holy crap, which theater is that, I need to avoid it as much as possible...

Unless you're coming up to Canada to see it, you should be safe.

I was there too at the advance screening and the audience were hollering and hooting at the kick ass moments. The Raid blows away any action films in the last few years. Its amazing how they did it with a fraction of the budget compare to other major production. The fights were brutal, probably the best knife fights which showcase plenty of Pencak Silat. Some of the kills were gut-wretching and violent as hell with crazy high body counts. You see thugs getting butcher, bashed and busted up, left and right. It had me going "Holy shit!" I felt like I watching a horror movie. For me, I think Mad Dog stole the show. He truly lives up to his name as an unstoppable killing machine, despite his short stature.

Believe the hype.

The raid will meet everyones expectations it's awesome you guys will love it! Yi long,Gareth said don't worry about the new score and see the fucking movie! Haha

Drunken Monk
Me and a couple friends are going to go see it there tomorrow. Can't wait!

I'll be the bespectacled dude on his own, haha.

monsterzero
Some of the kills were gut-wretching and violent as hell with crazy high body counts. I felt like I watching a horror movie. For me, I think Mad Dog stole the show. He truly lives up to his name as an unstoppable killing machine, despite his short stature.

Yeah, about halfway through I thought the same thing about it being a horror movie. The thugs were like a slasher/zombie hybrid. And Mad Dog is the best! I can't even imagine his real-life size considering Iko comes to about my shoulders.

monsterzero

P.S. It's nice having people to talk about this with. Everyone I know is sick of me talking about it for the past 6 months.

I wanted to see it today but its only playing in limited movies theaters in the NYC! I really don't feel like going to the city just to see this movie!

I wanted to see it today but its only playing in limited movies theaters in the NYC! I really don't feel like going to the city just to see this movie!

lol closest theater playing it for me is over 2 hours away

OpiumKungFuCracker

I'd risk it....

Yeah, about halfway through I thought the same thing about it being a horror movie. The thugs were like a slasher/zombie hybrid. And Mad Dog is the best! I can't even imagine his real-life size considering Iko comes to about my shoulders.

The funny thing is that I was rooting for Mad Dog to win, even though he is such a sadistic bastard. Its pretty obvious where Gareth Evans get his inspiration for the character.

OpiumKungFuCracker
Not likely. You'll know why when you see the movie.

Oh yeah, hahahhahahah!!!! I meant he should star in his own vehicle...

6xLq0DKQzYE&feature=channel_video_title

OpiumKungFuCracker
The funny thing is that I was rooting for Mad Dog to win, even though he is such a sadistic bastard. Its pretty obvious where Gareth Evans get his inspiration for the character.

And that inspirational character would be???

OpiumKungFuCracker
His name is a dead giveaway. Here's a clue: Its from a John Woo movie.

Hard Boiled??? Been awhile since I've seen that movie, is it Yun Fat's character??