The Raid / Serbuan Maut (2012)

ghevans

It's gotten rave reviews and feedback when it was playing with the original score, so it's absolute bullshit that it would need some kind of rescore in order to get some kind of 'foot in the door'.

When you've got a good product, you need to be willing to stand by that product for what it is, and not for what other people want it to be.

I'm sure that if Gareth had just said: 'Listen, this is the movie, and this is how it's gonna stay, including the soundtrack!' , then yeah, maybe company A wouldn't have picked it up for whatever stupid reason, but I'm sure company B, or companmy C, or company D WOULD have picked it up.

Why!? Cause it's a good movie that has already proven itself wherever it was shown. So there's absolutely no need whatsover to now go in there and edit and change stuff.

I just hope it doesn't get toned down in any way, shape or form, and that we're getting the same cut as was shown on the festivals.

You gotta remember that most of the world is not full of martial arts film purists such as ourselves. The important thing is they are releasing the film in a way where the entire world would want to see it.

Just think of the audiences that would think the Inonesian people in the film are a culture they are ignorant about. Then the title says score by Mike Shinoda (just using an example here) and the audience may be more inclined to

In all, I can't disagree with my boy Yi. It's been about two decades of people getting to see the movies when they want to see it. just go to the source. No middleman. The audiences have matured into knowing a good film is a good film, no matter where it was made or who it stars. But then again, we are not the billion dollar company with our money on the line!

Doing some imdb work today. Very confident The Raid will be seen at a theatre near all of us. Sony Pictures Classics resume:

Kung Fu Hustle

Release Dates:

April 8, 2005 (limited) 7 theatres

April 22, 2005 (wide) 2500 theatres

Limited Opening Weekend:

$269,225

Daily Calendar View

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=kungfuhustle.htmhttp://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=kungfuhustle.htm

Crouching Tiger

Release Dates:

* Actualy doubles the amount of theaters every week from couple hundred to near 2,000 *

December 8, 2000 (limited) - started with 16 theatres - ended with 172

January 12, 2001 (wide) started with 693 increased over the months to come (long run till)

Limited Opening Weekend:

$663,205

Daily Calendar View

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=crouchingtigerhiddendragon.htm

Sony Classics has had success in the past distributing films successfully.

One more point. If it was originally released in Indonesia in January 2012 with no Sony or worldwide distribution rights.

1. Indonesian release 3 months later (March / April)

2. Worldwide DVD beginning of summer.

Instead, we get to see the film in March in theatres, not on Region 3 DVD. Agreed, it will be a pain to wait for the DVD release.

Based Upon the US release schedule of DVDs nowadays, it seems to be 3-4 months after theatrical. So, hopefully it will be out on DVD between late June and late July! I remember Kung Fu Hustle hit NY/LA in early April 2005, wide release 2 weeks later (saw it in Ithaca NY) and DVD early August. Hopefully The Raid will be no longer of a wait!

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know the screening thurs night at cinelease blew the roof off the place!!. It was a great experience hearing the audience, cheer and cringe at the brutality of some fights.

Gareth was a very easy going and humble guy, I wish him the best and hope when/if he does a hollywood movie after Berandal the studios allow him to do his thing!!

LStovall

OpiumKungFuCracker
Anybody going to the Austin Screening Tomorrow night at the Paramount Theater???

Yeah so I was suppose to see this movie tonight but had a bit of a problem.. I forgot this was during SXSW Festival and it's just impossible to find a parking spot near the Paramount Theater, Damn that sucked... Hipster Douchebags were everywhere just roaming the damn place and it didn't help that they blocked of 6th St making it even harder for me to find any kind of parking.. Damn a 3 hr drive for nothing...:tinysmile_angry2_t::tinysmile_angry2_t::tinysmile_angry2_t:

San Fran, DC and Chicago have now been added to the list of cities getting it on March 23rd. I'm sure it'll go very wide soon after. not as wide as Hollywood blockbusters likely, but wide enough so most people can see it. I already got my tickets bought for the NDNF screening in NYC, March 22nd!

OpiumKungFuCracker
I live in Wisconsin, the wait will be terrible.

Oh man I'm sorry about that... Now I don't feel too bad, lol...:tongue:

The deal is officially done...THE RAID is going to have a sequel, with Gareth returning to direct and Iko returning as the lead. The tentative title is in fact, BERENDAL. It's been talked about, but as of Monday, the deal was "stamped, sealed, and delivered".

100 days of the shooting will involve the fight scenes and stuntwork.

Check out the details at Hollywood Reporter.

OpiumKungFuCracker
The deal is officially done...THE RAID is going to have a sequel, with Gareth returning to direct and Iko returning as the lead. The tentative title is in fact, BERENDAL. It's been talked about, but as of Monday, the deal was "stamped, sealed, and delivered".

100 days of the shooting will involve the fight scenes and stuntwork.

Check out the details at Hollywood Reporter.

Yet another reason why the American remake is pointless... I mean they couldn't come up with an idea for an action movie??? Here's one: a down on his luck cop goes to the airport to meet his relatives only to be hijacked by terrorist.. Boom there goes your action movie..

OpiumKungFuCracker
Looks like I'll be taking a trip up to Boca on April 6th, not missing this one in the theater.

How far is it for a road trip??? Gas cheaper than plane ticket??

How far is it for a road trip??? Gas cheaper than plane ticket??

Boca Raton is only a half hour away so not to much of a roadtrip, unfortunately(not so much) I'll be in Key West over April 6th, I'll have to catch it later in the week.

monsterzero

Hey, everyone! Even though I rarely post, I love this forum and I've always wanted to give back to this community in some way. Happily, Alliance has been kind enough to send me a few passes to an advance screening of The Raid in Toronto after I told them I knew a group of people who would really appreciate their film. The screening takes place at the Scotiabank Theatre on Thursday at 7:30pm. If you're interested, please shoot me a PM.

3 more days...

My man is hacking away even AFTER the gunfire!

vaLIkQBoRag&feature=channel_video_title

The camera angles and editing look and feel right to me

nDp5KYJuR1Q&feature=channel_video_title

This actually goes well with this Boot Camp featurette.

ODnIs-gwwGk&feature=channel_video_title

There will be obvious favorites (other than Iwo lol!) He's gotta be 6 foot at least and is using some heavy Tae Kwon Do and Krav Maga!

YGVT67dme6M&feature=channel_video_title

And this one is personally for my boy Yi Long

P7Eot2WsEZ0&feature=channel_video_title

The Last Dragon
Boca Raton is only a half hour away so not to much of a roadtrip, unfortunately(not so much) I'll be in Key West over April 6th, I'll have to catch it later in the week.

Hey Tosh I'm currently living near Kendall and would like attend the April 16 showing at South Beach 18 theatres in Miami. Don't know if they are currently giving away advance tickets for this or what. Havent seen anything yet certainly would like to jump on that soon

Drunken Monk

I was so pissed off that it wasn't going to be playing anywhere near here. Turns out it is! Any DC/Maryland people can catch it at the Landmark E Street theater. I'll certainly be there!