The Young Bruce Lee (Bruce Li)

saltysam

Ok just watched back to back two Bruce Li movies with the same title of Young Bruce Lee.The usa goodtimes release (is this the film aka Superdragon?) and the UK one,which for the majority of the running time is clips from the Bruce Lee childhood movies with the odd Bruce Li clip thrown in until the last twenty minutes when it becomes a Bruce Li movie.So where did the Li footage for this one come from?in some scenes he has as different hairstyle so i'm guessing it came from different movies (some is from the goodtimes version,in fact the funeral footage & narration at the end is the same on both releases) any info on these movies would be appreciated :wink:

bruceleeclones

Some of the Li footage is from Bruce Lee Superdragon and Bruce Lee A Dragon Story. There is about 10 minutes of footage from an unknown/unreleased Li movie. The full version of that film has yet to surface, if it even exsits in the first place. Some of the same footage also appears in The Real Bruce Lee. Some say that footage was shot for the Real Bruce Lee but i have my doubts on that.

Cognoscente
On 2/21/2011 at 5:17 PM, bruceleeclones said:

There is about 10 minutes of footage from an unknown/unreleased Li movie. The full version of that film has yet to surface, if it even exists in the first place. Some of the same footage also appears in The Real Bruce Lee. Some say that footage was shot for The Real Bruce Lee but I have my doubts on that.

It may have been reconstructions shot for the documentary. Bruceploitation was a cost-effective way for documentarians who didn't want to pay for the rights to include clips from Bruce's movies; Death by Misadventure being the best example.

• Like 2