Mortal Kombat

Ogriv83

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It says series on the twitter post by Michael. Im looking forward to it either way. MJW is a class act and I have a soft spot for Mortal Kombat ever since I saw Kristana Loken in Conquest.

He must have meant the Webisodes that he was shooting as Jax after the successful release and response to the short film MORTAL KOMBAT: REBIRTH.

kingofkungfu2002
He must have meant the Webisodes that he was shooting as Jax after the successful release and response to the short film MORTAL KOMBAT: REBIRTH.

Yeah I believe this is the case, and Darren Shahlavi is playing Kano.

hopefully it gets turned into a TV series (if its as good as the first clip)

wounder if the lied to MJW and said it was a webseries lol

ShaOW!linDude

Uh, guys..........there's already a 2 page thread for this titled Mortal Kombat Reboot in the General Cult Film forum.

In there is a link I posted to a story saying the 10 webisodes were to be a set-up for a new MK movie.

The mods might want to blend the 2 threads.

Major news!!!! Due to the success of the web series, series director Kevin Tancharoen will be directing the long awaited reboot film version of MORTAL KOMBAT and this is what he had to say in a recent interview with the L.A. Times

"my sensibilities lean more toward realism as opposed to the more mythological stuff that Mortal Kombat automatically has. You can expect more of that instinct in the feature version. It will be more realistic and gritty than the last two movies, but also a very big story."

While the tone will drop the mystical, it will also ramp up the blood - "What took most people by surprise with my shorts, I think, is that you never would think of putting Mortal Kombat in a realistic setting. But I believe it’s a fighting game and it’s meant for that purpose… I want to do it rated R and all the discussions have been for it to be rated R. I want it to be bloody, but in a natural sense and not gratuitous, crazy spurting pools of blood. That takes it to a different level of camp."

The story will be kept straightforward - It's like a rule in video games that fighting games have to have extremely convoluted stories. It's strange, because no one really cares. They just want good fighting mechanics… We’re very adamant that you don’t have to be a fan of the games to understand what’s happening in the movie. It will be an origin story that you can understand completely from the film. Over nine games, the mythology has gotten quite complicated."

With the success of the short film and web series, I hope Kevin gets his wish to do the R-rated MK film he wants.

ShaOW!linDude
"What took most people by surprise with my shorts........"

Not to take his quote out of context but this line sounds the opening of a joke.:tongue:

Example: What took most people by surprise with my shorts.......was the fact I wasn't wearing any.

(Ball's in your court. Sorry, bad pun.)

Not to take his quote out of context but this line sounds the opening of a joke.:tongue:

Example: What took most people by surprise with my shorts.......was the fact I wasn't wearing any.

(Ball's in your court. Sorry, bad pun.)

if you think that quote sounds like a joke…

That takes it to a different level of camp
:squigglemouth:

there is a cool fan-made dvd of the whole series floating around the net (not that I would know anything about that sort of thing)

Archived