Any difference between buying BL: Legendary Collection from Play Asia or Amazon.com?

Golden Arm Kid

Golden Arm Kid

Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Bruce-Legendary-Collection-Blu-ray-Region/dp/B0049SB3ZU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1297908969&sr=8-2

Play-Asia

http://www.play-asia.com/Bruce_Lee_Series_Legendary_Collection/paOS-13-71-7k-49-en-70-3xju.html

Because I DID notice that there's a pretty hefty price difference. Play Asia sells it for about 90 USD while Amazon has it for about 130 dollars AND the seller that I'm buying it through Amazon from only promises to get it to me in about 17-28 business days which is a LONG time lol.

The two Amazon sellers are Far East Flea Market and David Ho (buyoyo). FEFM has a 100% approval rating to the latter's 97% and like I said I'll probably stick with FEFM if I buy from Amazon just to play it safe.

Not sure how long it would take to get to me if I got it from Play-Asia. I've heard they're relatively quick by reputation though.

I'm trying to buy this from the right place so as to not get ripped of lol.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As you pointed out, the two sellers on Amazon are not Amazon itself. Individual seller prices can run a wide spectrum. I've seen the same book selling from $45 to $250 by multiple sellers. In this case, both those sellers are located in HK, as is PA.com, so additional shipping time is likely but 17-28 biz is a bit long. Maybe that guy needs the extra time to get the disc set from PA.com before shipping it to you ... and making a nice profit for himself (joke) :crossedlips:

Golden Arm Kid
As you pointed out, the two sellers on Amazon are not Amazon itself. Individual seller prices can run a wide spectrum. I've seen the same book selling from $45 to $250 by multiple sellers. In this case, both those sellers are located in HK, as is PA.com, so additional shipping time is likely but 17-28 biz is a bit long. Maybe that guy needs the extra time to get the disc set from PA.com before shipping it to you ... and making a nice profit for himself (joke) :crossedlips:

Lol could be.

I'm VERY knowledgeable in ordering things out of the country (being a US citizen myself). Are the sites/sellers I mentioned safe or worth ordering from at all? Because at the end of the day I'm just trying to find the best and safest place to order this box set from. So if anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be most grateful!

EDIT:

Also I was asking around elsewhere and others were skeptical about buying this from PA.com for the simple fact of the big price difference (too good to be true I guess). One guy told me that he wouldn't be surprised if they tried to sell me a knockoff.

So yeah I still have little clue as to where would be the best place to buy this from lol.

EDIT EDIT:

I meant UN-knowledgeable lol. Damn it.

Golden Arm Kid
Play Asia wouldn't sell you knockoffs.

So would I best be buying this from PA rather than Amazon's sellers? Taking suggestions lol.

Golden Arm Kid

Thanks everyone. I think I'm gonna order from Play Asia.

They don't sell used products/movies do they? I mean the link I posted for PA is for a NEW boxset am I right?

I'd hate to order this box set new and overlook something and when it gets to my house it ends up being a used one (NOT cool).

PA is certainly better than an Amazon seller. However, its even 3 bucks cheaper from the most reliable of all HK sellers: DDD House !

http://www.dddhouse.com/v3/product_details.php?ProductID=11121

If I were buying this, I'd go with DDD.

Not saying anything aginst PA. That's just my preference.

I've dealt with DDD for all my IVLs and never once had an issue.

Shipping is about a week to the US.

Archived