A Lot of Bruce Lee Threads at the Mo...

shukocarl

This is a very popular forum. You're relatively new here, however, there are many a member who have supported this site for years. That's an irresponsible statement and a slap to the face of those who've fought, literally, to keep it going. I guess that's why you can post comments like that. Some of you spam crazily, and it's quite annoying.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying mate. As a martial arts movie relate forum this is as good as it gets and I love it or I wouldn't be a member. However, the reality is that if you compare it to other forums (on different subject matters) it has an extremely low amount of members. There are more hardcore boxing fans than martial arts movie fans and that's just reality. Go to East Side Boxing and you'll see what I mean.

Spamming on ESB is horrendous because there are hundreds of posters who post the same stuff in the space of a couple of hours. On here there are maybe four or five Bruce Lee threads on the front page, all I was saying was I've seen a sh*te site worse. I wouldn't openly offend anyone unless I was offended first so sorry if you took my comments the wrong way. It was completely unintentional.

There are plenty of BL supporters at KFCF and everything has a place. It's one of the reasons I started the Bruce Lee Central here. You need to become a member first, but one can post as much BL material there as they want without stepping on the toes of members who like to share outside of the Lee experience. "Utilize what's useful, discard what is useless, and make the experience your own." I am only writing from my perspective, although I'm certain others feel the same.

Bruce Lee Central is awesome but I put two or three posts on it and got blanked. It looks like this comes down to communication. If you guys want Bruce Lee threads on Bruce Lee Central then promote it better than telling one or two people to go there because that isn't working.

Peace.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Dragon

• sdog2006

• Son Of A Gun

• HKFooey

i don`t think anyone is intentionaly spamming here, i`ve always been of the oppinion that if something doesn`t interest you then ignore it.when people post just to trash your question, now that`s annoying and can lead to people never posting again, which is not right.

Well I think the Classic forum became the BL forum when Falkor climbed up on to his high horse, proclaimed we were a bunch of hacks, and rode off into the ether.

I don't really see the point of a BL section, I think the classic section works fine imo, then again I'm more of a SB fan, ok I'll :crossedlips: and go back to the Japanese section:xd:

I think you misunderstood what I was saying mate. As a martial arts movie relate forum this is as good as it gets and I love it or I wouldn't be a member. However, the reality is that if you compare it to other forums (on different subject matters) it has an extremely low amount of members. There are more hardcore boxing fans than martial arts movie fans and that's just reality. Go to East Side Boxing and you'll see what I mean.

That's why it's Kung Fu Cinema Forum. You can discuss other content here, however, the bulk of the subject matter is Fu... and That, mate, is dedication. I love that about this forum. I'm a boxing aficionado as well, but don't care about ESB, or any of the boxing forums.

Spamming on ESB is horrendous because there are hundreds of posters who post the same stuff in the space of a couple of hours. On here there are maybe four or five Bruce Lee threads on the front page, all I was saying was I've seen a sh*te site worse. I wouldn't openly offend anyone unless I was offended first so sorry if you took my comments the wrong way. It was completely unintentional.

I see what you're saying. Yes other sites can be far worse. Even members here aren't as bad as other places, which is why I was sort of defending What can/should be done to get around the problem. All in all, we have a wonderful site here.

Bruce Lee Central is awesome but I put two or three posts on it and got blanked. It looks like this comes down to communication. If you guys want Bruce Lee threads on Bruce Lee Central then promote it better than telling one or two people to go there because that isn't working.

Peace.

When you say it got blanked, what do you mean? I am not available to check it as much as I'd like, I don't have that much time to be online. I appreciate all the contributions there, positve or negative, it's a place to "honestly express yourself." Send me a PM regarding your matter and I will give you full detail response.

and peace be unto you, as well, my Kung Fu Brother.

Dragon

LOL ESB is a hole but it does turn over 1000's of members. I cover boxing so I don't participate on forums that relate to the subject because the conversations frequently irritate me.

Speak soon mate:wink:

Guest WuxiaFan
Oh God someone make this happen. Those countless, seemingly self-replicating threads really need somewhere to go.

I sent Mark a PM suggesting there should be a Bruce Lee forum because of the number of Bruce specific topics. I think it could attract even more people if everything Bruce was put in it's own section.

Thank you Rhythm-X and agree with KFS!

I say let the 'scattered' Bruce Lee topics stay as they be. I guarantee you the guy will keep on coming up whether or not he has his own area. I think forums become too much work, especially once there are too many categories.

Disagree. The scattering of topics is usually done by new members who aren't familiar with where topics are generally. That's why it's so frustrating to regular members, senior members, and masters. Everytime we go into one of the forums, there's usually a new thread on Bruce Lee or something started by an initiate or new member. New members usually don't take the time to do a search on their topic before starting a new thread. At least if there was a Bruce Lee Forum, it would cut down on the new BL threads started in other boards.

I don't think adding a new forum would be the answer, as some day there could possibly be the need for a Jackie Chan forum, if a lot of Jackie fans start posting regularly.

No other martial arts star, not even Jackie Chan, garners the popularity and discussion that Bruce Lee garners. NO ONE. I love Jackie Chan's movies and he's made over 100 of them, but in terms of an icon of the genre, he still isn't as popular as Bruce (IMHO), and Bruce only made 5 movies.

That's why it's Kung Fu Cinema Forum. You can discuss other content here, however, the bulk of the subject matter is Fu... and That, mate, is dedication. I love that about this forum. I'm a boxing aficionado as well, but don't care about ESB, or any of the boxing forums.

Right on brother! Just look at the "Member Donations" thread in General Discussion. When this board was about to go down, most of the senior members pitched in to keep it going. I even went to the Advertising department of my company and asked them to consider advertising on KFC mainsite because of the volume of traffic and the number of members here.

I'm a newbie here and I've tried the search a few times. It's not always successful. However, I do agree with the boring "hypothetical questions" ... that "what if" stuff. I try to post something relevant in the correct area, but being a newbie there are loads of sections. For me, I don't seem bothered by any of it, if I see the title and don't care for it, I just won't click and read it.

Speaking of SPAM dragon, I once had a Bruce Lee Wallpaper site in the late '90s. I had hundreds of thousands of hits. My wallpaper designs ended up as actual stamps in another country! I almost s**t and then took the site down. :xd:

... Speaking of SPAM dragon, I once had a Bruce Lee Wallpaper site in the late '90s. I had hundreds of thousands of hits. My wallpaper designs ended up as actual stamps in another country! I almost s**t and then took the site down. :xd:

Good for you, man!

Thank you Rhythm-X and agree with KFS!

Disagree. The scattering of topics is usually done by new members who aren't familiar with where topics are generally. That's why it's so frustrating to regular members, senior members, and masters. Everytime we go into one of the forums, there's usually a new thread on Bruce Lee or something started by an initiate or new member. New members usually don't take the time to do a search on their topic before starting a new thread. At least if there was a Bruce Lee Forum, it would cut down on the new BL threads started in other boards.

No other martial arts star, not even Jackie Chan, garners the popularity and discussion that Bruce Lee garners. NO ONE. I love Jackie Chan's movies and he's made over 100 of them, but in terms of an icon of the genre, he still isn't as popular as Bruce (IMHO), and Bruce only made 5 movies.

Right on brother! Just look at the "Member Donations" thread in General Discussion. When this board was about to go down, most of the senior members pitched in to keep it going. I even went to the Advertising department of my company and asked them to consider advertising on KFC mainsite because of the volume of traffic and the number of members here.

I know Bruce Lee is the most popular and iconic of kung fu stars, my point was more one to do with the chance or probability that there may come a time when a lot of Jackie threads start popping up, and then some people might suggest there be a dedicated Jackie Chan forum. Forums go through cycles, I just thought that particular cycle may one day come about.

Hi all,

The Bruce Lee Central has some great information but why isn't it more popular than it should be?

People on here tend to post their stuff on the main forum?

Hi all,

The Bruce Lee Central has some great information but why isn't it more popular than it should be?

People on here tend to post their stuff on the main forum?

That's because many are too lazy to log on to the club or too lazy to join. There are a great deal of haters out there cloaked as followers, however, if you read the text of their posts, you can tell who they are.

Btw, if you're interested in TBLC, send me a PM.

Cognoscente
On 2/20/2011 at 6:11 AM, The Dragon said:

Take the "Looking for a title of a movie..." threads... There's hundreds of them. They should go under one. That way people can refer to it and find answers to questions asked many a time over.

Tell me about it!

• Like 2