Enter the Dragon Coincidences LOL

sdog2006

Hey Guys

Enter is my favourite martial arts film but I pondered this the other day.

• British Intelligence comes to a Shaolin Temple to enlist Lee's services in messing up Mr Han Man's drug operation.

• The Monk also speaks privately with Lee and asks him to kick Han's ass for previous misdemeanors

• By sheer coincidence O'Harra (Han Man's bodyguard) just happens to have forced Lee's sister to commit suicide to save her honor and avoid rape?

Lee now has, not one, but three reasons to kick Han Man's ass. It's a f*ckin small world isn't it? Hahahahahahaha:xd:

Does anyone think Bruce was only planning on using the Monk scene for Hong Kong audiences because they wouldn't buy the British Intelligence deal? That would at least make a bit of sense?

• Like 1

ShaOW!linDude

There could be 3 dynamics at work (I'll put them in order of your list of motivations):

*Justice

*Honor

*Vengeance

It's a triple whammy!

Someone else here posted that Bruce was against the Brtish MI-5 character and scenes. (From what I've read, they then decided to mess with Bruce and name the British character "Braithwaite" because it was hard for him to pronounce).

tangshandaxiong

Yeah I remember what he stated as a joke on The Green Hornet "...because I was the only chinese looking guy who could pronounce the name of the living character - Britt Reid..." :xd:

Cognoscente
On 2/16/2011 at 2:50 PM, sdog2006 said:

Does anyone think Bruce was only planning on using the Monk scene for Hong Kong audiences because they wouldn't buy the British Intelligence deal? That would at least make a bit of sense?

Astute observation. If they took out the Brit Intel deal, the HK audience would have embraced the Lee character (and the movie as a whole) more.

• Like 2