Rare Bruce Li movie: Ilsa Meets Bruce Lee In The Devil's Triangle

mpm74

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That likely never ended up to tape...but if yes I would pay my arm and 3 legs.Both ilsa and leexpoitatiton in same movie:bigsmile:

TibetanWhiteCrane

I've asked about this before, and was told that it was never even shot. A teaser poster for a film never made. So now im confused!

If that guy said that he saw it he is liar, movie was never finished, it is quite possible that he saw some footage but full film was never finished 100%.

silver hermit

if this review ain't real this guy should be writing scripts he is wasting his talent lol.

my favorite quote is " It's possible the filmmakers intended to use this film to bring Li into the American mainstream, but it's doubtful it would have succeeded, considering that Li has all the crossover appeal of SARS or Cantinflas." pricess:nerd:

if this review ain't real this guy should be writing scripts he is wasting his talent lol.

On side note I have often wondered when critics trash movie I love did they see same movie or even watched it:tongue:

i THINK Dick Randall might have had a hand in getting that one together (that dude had alot to do with Bruce Le's movies being put together in distribution packages for US television, as well as actually writing and producing a few of his films as well). But sadly, yes. the movie was never made. only the promotional art was put together to bring to trade shows for financial backing

and come on now. Li was WAAYYY cooler than SARS.

无名无行

I also was under the impression that this film was never shot. In fact, if even a trailer surfaced, I'd be shocked.

I wish it did exist though...

Correct. It was never filmed. The poster was created to intrest distributors/financiers to put up money for the project which was going to be shot in the Phillipines. They hadn't even got around to casting 'Bruce' though Sybill Danning was slated to reprise her role as Ilsa. Also don't forget that around this time Linda Lee was taking distributors to court over depictions of Bruce and her in these 'ploitation flicks which may have put the end to the project. Having read (though not seen) about the sado-masochistic-sexploitation nature of the Ilsa flicks I'm glad this never got through the camera.

my favorite quote is " It's possible the filmmakers intended to use this film to bring Li into the American mainstream, but it's doubtful it would have succeeded, considering that Li has all the crossover appeal of SARS or Cantinflas." pricess:nerd:

priceless to whom I may ask? I rarely get defensive on here sir, and I don't know where you are from, but ALOT of people actuallly got in to this genre BECAUSE of Li's works, whether they be poor imitations of his early career, or the budding genius of his latter. (tell me the end scene with him and phillip ko fei in "iron dragon strikes back" does not impress you in some way)

SARS? while I like edgey humor.......no sir....I cannot relate Li's work to that of SARS.....only as if it would be an example of him spreading througout every household in chicago and indiana every sunday at noon.. Also, I can tell you that here are millions of cantiflas fans the world over. well...everyone is entitled to an opinion that stinks ilike a buttholle i guess......and yes, I will agree with you, despite the fact that i love both metnioned i did chuckle.....however id did feel the need to defend

as for the film.....it never went past poster art for trade shows to get financing. that;s it. nothing was shot. whoever told anyone this is lying to them

by the way sir, i ws not attacking you. again. you are entitled to your opinion. i guess im just having a really hard time believing this fellow's review. He must have had quite an evening of putting this together. where are the sources, screen shots, images, or even trailer for that matter? if the movie really does exist, why has he seen it and we.......the biggest movie nerds in the world......have only seen a poster that we were told for ages by cetain people "involvoed" that it was just a concept? to save embarassment by thinking this thing would never get out of the can like the Jerry Lewis fiasco? MAYBE so, but i don't think so.....jerry lewis was leagues ahead of everyone that starred in that suppposed ilsa picture (saying this does not mean i like him more, i am just stating that the market knew of him more)......so a sillly B movie that could be a grindhouse wet dream never sees the light of day except for this guy? I want proof

... Follow the link in cactus post, it shows the the member Mike Sullivan`s post admitting he wrote it.

I think you`ve got the wrong end of the stick, in regards to what silver hermit is saying.

the quote he put up amused him, that is all. Well that`s how i took it ...lol

no i realize that now, i just didnt think the whole SARS joke was all that necesssary on the reviewers part. and i don't even know why the f..k im complaining? i thrive off of edgy humor. I don't blame the poster one bit...I even chuckled. again....i was kind of miffed at the reviewer and then realizing that it is indeed a made up review....well that just made me feel more of a dip shite

Your not a dip shite man , just passionate about the genre that`s all.

thanks broseph. guess your right or we both wouldn't be here hahaha.

i take it you adhere to the majesty that is master bruce, but do you also enjoy the bruceploitation in any capacity? some here do, some here dont.....I posted about it in a huge diatribe a while back in anotheer thead.....and i may have to say why again sometime.

i look at bruce lee's films.as a seperate entity from alll other martial arts films.

I really like ho chung tao, it`s a shame he got stuck with the Bruce Lee clone title.

Dynamo is one of my favourite kung fu movies.

Bruce le made some decent ones but i have to say i never cared for Dragon lee, his mannerisms were so over the top they were laughable (had he never seen a Bruce Lee movie ?)

I agree with what you say about Bruce. My son thinks Tony Jaa is great and couldn`t understand the fuss about Bruce Lee, until i showed him man called tiger, informing him that this was the number 1 guy before Bruce Lee then he got it.:bigsmile:

Archived