What other Bruce Lee movie would've been the best release for his Hollywood debut?

Golden Arm Kid

Golden Arm Kid

We all know Enter the Dragon was Bruce's Hollywood breakthrough. But I was thinking: if you had to pick one Bruce Lee movie to replace Enter the Dragon as Bruce Lee's Hollywood breakthrough/debut movie which one would've been best for that role in your opinion?

For instance my favorite Bruce Lee movie is probably Fist of Fury but I think there are too many racial undertones in the film for it to be the best choice. Imo I would probably picked Way of the Dragon. Simple, easy to follow story, likable characters (come on, who DOESN'T have a soft spot for Tang Lung?), great action sequences, and Chuck Norris' star power along with Bruce's would've maybe helped out in grabbing some more attention.

Guest Markgway

I don't think any of them would've done nearly as well as ENTER.

There's no guarantee that any of Bruce's Mandarin films would've done as well as KING BOXER.

ENTER was a tailor made crossover calculated to maximise mainstream appeal.

I don't think any of them would've done nearly as well as ENTER.

There's no guarantee that any of Bruce's Mandarin films would've done as well as KING BOXER.

ENTER was a tailor made crossover calculated to maximise mainstream appeal.

Funny, since more people knew who Bruce was than Lo Lieh.

Golden Arm Kid
If this film was made according to the original, violent, bloody script, it would have been interesting.

With Bruce and Coburn, of course.

Would you mind enlightening me on the details man? I didn't even know that ETD had an ENTIRE original script. I always thought that there had been some changes here and there from the original concept but everything was mostly left intact. The biggest change I was aware of was the inclusion of the Mr. Braithwaite (sp?) character at Rob Clouse's behest and Bruce's disgust.

Dragon is talking about the Silent Flute not Enter the Dragon.

maybe way of the dragon would have done ok , but i doubt any would have had the same impact has enter the dragon.

Cognoscente

Game of Death. He actually spoke English in that, and audiences would have gone wild upon seeing a basketball player in a martial arts fight scene.

• Like 2