New Stunt People film online - Informant

stuntpeople

Hey everyone, haven't been around here in a while and I miss the good kung discussions. The Stunt People have a new film up. We mix a lot of handwork and grappling, ala Flashpoint. Hope you enjoy it!

g4vaFaGVBS0

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome stuff guys!

Really digging the hand and leg work. I like the speed and the rhythm of the choreography and felt the connecion of the blows and blocks. How do you create your sound effects? They were really well done.

Honestly, you're getting better and better. You've always been good martial artists, but now your camera work, editing, sound effects - everything looks very professional, IMO. I thought it has less of an amateur feel, than many of your previous films. And choreo was great, movements really fast and powerful. Very neat piece of work you got there

ShaOW!linDude

Don't know that I have anything I can add to what's already been said. It looked really great and a 3 min. clip wasn't long enough for me.

I hope you guys can secure some proper backing at some point soon in the future. You all have been working at this hard for years. You deserve a payoff.

Have you ever considered putting out a dvd compilation of all your short reel stuff?

The Amazing Psycho Per

Good stuff... Particularly like the grappling reversal chain. Any word on a new feature film project in the near future?

I have to agree with what everyone has said so far really excellent work, I really like the jumping twist kick to his head towards the end. Better than some M.A. movies that have been out, for just 3min. worth.

As always Eric, you and the Stunt People team always impress and this holds no difference. I even noticed two things...1) Andy's jacket and jeans look reminding me of Donnie Yen's look in Flash Point and 2) Andy wearing the Stunt People T-shirt...hehehehe

As for the choreography, crisp techniques mixed in with great camera angles. If Donnie Yen himself saw this, I think he would like what he would see.

Great job and keep it up! :)

Thanks for the comments, everyone, we're really glad you enjoyed it. It was a 2-day shoot in March '10, Andy was in town for a couple weeks and this was all I had time for. Got another good short coming soon with a fight between me and Hiroshi in SF Chinatown I'm really proud of.

We'd love to get some funding to get my latest feature comedy going (I call it my Contour-killer), but we might just go low-budget like Contour and get some good locations. Based on what people say I might use this clip and the upcoming short as proofs of concept to get a bit of extra cash. Maybe Mark can pimp this clip on the website and get us some more attention ;)

-Eric

Guest WuxiaFan

Eric -

Awesome stuff, as usual! Always look forward to new stuff by The Stunt People. It will be tough to top CONTOUR, which was phenominal even if low-budget. Albert can post a story on the main page, right? :angel::bigsmile:

Best of luck! :smile:

-Tom F.

I can't see the video right now but I'm sure when I watch it later on it will be impressive as usual. Eric, love the stuff you do and hope you can get more funding. You guys are great but it's going to take something really special to top Contour, in my opinion one of the best films of the last decade!

Hopefully you'll look-in again since its been a few days since your last post. I want to bring up the point that I think you're shipping costs to send a DVD from the US to the UK is far too high. I really want to see your "new detective story" and support you guys by continuing to buy the DVDs, but I can't justify the $9 postage on top of the price of the DVD.:frown:

I completely agree about this new short looking far more professional. Hopefully when this is made into a full feature Eric and the rest of the guys will get the recognition they deserve from more than just us martial-arts movie lovers!

Hey everyone, haven't been around here in a while and I miss the good kung discussions. The Stunt People have a new film up. We mix a lot of handwork and grappling, ala Flashpoint. Hope you enjoy it!

g4vaFaGVBS0

Impressive.

Archived