Would Bruce Lee Have Played a Monk?

TheFlyingPanda

TheFlyingPanda

Seeing some of the recent post's about Bruce on the forum, I was wondering If anyone thinks Bruce would have took on the part of a Monk? At the least a cameo. I know he was close to being in a SB movie soon, so who knows...

By the way I put these mock-up photos together quickly, so excuse the quality. with a little time I could make it look more real.

1297574411.jpg

1297574413.jpg

Golden Arm Kid

He kind of was in Enter the Dragon...

But I think I understand where you're coming from. Would he ever play the stereotypical monk in appearance like in your posted pics? Imo absolutely. There are already photos of Bruce posing in period costumes likely because he was going to use those concepts for a future film. Imo he would probably take period films and do unconventional things with them. To answer your question yes I don't see why he'd have a problem with it.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
Seeing some of the recent post's about Bruce on the forum, I was wondering If anyone thinks Bruce would have took on the part of a Monk? At the least a cameo. I know he was close to being in a SB movie soon, so who knows...

By the way I put these mock-up photos together quickly, so excuse the quality. with a little time I could make it look more real.

1297574411.jpg

1297574413.jpg

Was not Kung Fu the TV show Bruce's idea and was he not to star in that TV show but they opted for David Carradine as Bruce was too Chinese (LOL) for an American audience.

:squigglemouth:

GD Y-Y

TheFlyingPanda

Lol, yea Kung Fu is along that road for sure, I ment more like the full-out Gordon Liu stereotypical Monk, as "Golden Arm Kid" mentioned. Creating a new chamber was something Bruce would dig too. Strait up bald and spreding the teachings of shaolin. I think so too, I mean Jet li, Jackie Chan,

Gordan Liu and most of the big stars have done it once.

Bruce had mega-ego and had he made few films more in those he would be kung-fu master with telekinetic powers knocks opponent dead without getting hands dirty unless wants to.

TheFlyingPanda
Bruce had mega-ego and had he made few films more in those he would be kung-fu master with telekinetic powers knocks opponent dead without getting hands dirty unless wants to.

LOL! that's hilarious, yea Inosanto told me Bruce was cocky in the beginning, but started to grow wiser before his death.

That is speculation.And some guess might be more accurate that others.But in progress I believe he would been superman, nobody can hurt him/match.Schwarzenegger and Stallone are only actors who have managed to pull out one-mans-show credibly:tongue:

That is speculation.And some guess might be more accurate that others.But in progress I believe he would been superman, nobody can hurt him/match.Schwarzenegger and Stallone are only actors who have managed to pull out one-mans-show credibly:tongue:

Lee was first.

:neutral:

He was? I think not. Take a good look at westerns, movie serials, Japanese cinema, sword and sandal flicks... there have been many people playing the unstoppable, one man hero and, doing it successfully, before Bruce Lee. Hell, Harry Houdini was a two fisted, unstoppable government agent in one of his silent movie serials. He was famous for being able to take punches and his athletic ability (as well as his real life stunts). His first short film pitted Houdini against a famous foreign wrestler! Unfortunately, his films are silent and largely forgotten because they aren't featured in things such as the Tony Curtis biopic because his film company wasn't successful (his films, however, were).

He was? I think not. ...

None as intensely successful as Lee; for filmmakers the world over demand his talents and make him the highest paid star in the world.

Cognoscente

Maybe Bruce would have been smart enough to realize that having a bald head would make his torso look bigger (something that a lot of professional bodybuilders do for the posing competitions).

• Like 2