Asoka

Guest Knockabout

Guest Knockabout

Have anyone seen this movie?

If I've never seen a bollywood movie before, would this one be a good place to start? How's the action and how much is there?

I've found a DVD of it at play.com for £4.99, but that is a cut version (150 min vs. 170 min on other versions).. Does anybody know what is cut - and do you think it'll affect a first-time bollywood viewer like me (is it love or action)?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sammofan

I've seen it and I liked it. The action is nothing special. There are about 2 battles and 2 or 3 smaller fights. I own the UK dvd (Momentum I think) dunno about any cuts but the video and audio was good quality imho.

As an epic I enjoyed it for the story and the performances. There are 4 or 5 Bollywood song and dance style sequences in the film. I quite liked them! There are a couple of hot Indian actresses in this, the one that Asoka ends up marrying was very nice :)

This is the only Indian film I own. I've seen about 8 other Indian films on tv (channel 4 in the uk) and only a couple of those did I like as much as Asoka (Dil Se & Kandukondain Kandukondain)

Archived