9 souls

nicklord1

Hi i was wondering if anyone knew any of the cook tracks from this movie and if you can buy the sound track.

Also what did you think of the film ?

Cheers

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I don't know about whether or not the soundtrack is available. But I saw 9 SOULS at the Philadelphia Film Festival and enjoyed it quite a bit. Quirky, but heartfelt. I rewatched it a year or two later on DVD to check out an audio commentary, and that was very interesting as well.

HANGING GARDEN... hmmm, good, but not what I'd call an uplifting film! Pretty heavy subject matter, but exquisitely filmed and acted. Well worth seeing Takuma.

I haven't watched BLUE SPRING yet. Same director?

I haven't watched BLUE SPRING yet. Same director?

Yes, same director.

I watched 9 Souls last night and thought it was quite good. Director Toshiyaki Toyoda finds good balance, making his escaped prioner characters likable enough without ever forgetting they were sent in for a reason. The soundtrack is a step back from Blue Spring, and there are some failure scenes, but also a bunch of wonderful ones. Quite an enjoyable trip overall.

It's also nice to see Ryuhei Matsuda in films such as this. He could have exploited his legendary father's name, but instead went to create a career of his own in some of the most interesting films Japan has produced in the 2000's.

Here's a trailer for Blue Spring:

The film features one of the most jaw dropping scenes in movie history (Hirofumi Arai standing at the roof)...

Archived