Real Onigokko 1&2 (run for your life!)

Takuma

002002-01.jpg

Is your name Sato? Too bad, because all people named Sato have just been ordered to be captured or killed!

One of my flawed-favorites from recent small budget action films is Real Onigokko 2. It's a sequel to Real Onigokko (aka Chasing World) where this poor guy Sato finds himself in scifi-gothic parallel universe where the government is playing a nice little game on the treets of Tokyo: kill all Sato's. Or from Sato's point of view: run like hell!

The first film is rather entertaining: full of plot holes, but effectively simple and looking nice especially during the night scenes. The sequel is better. It actually looks a bit less good than the predecessor, but the action scenes are excellent, save for the lesser opening. This time the chasers are not hired masked criminals like in the original, but near unstoppable cyborgs. I witnessed a few school girls nearly rip off their theater seats as they were dodging the iron claws! Imagine Hardware, The Terminator, Aliens and Sogo Ishii's Shuffle merged and you're close. Nice film, and I must say I love run-chase movies. And this one's got plenty of running. Awesome sub-genre.

Real Onigokko 1

001562-d.jpg001562-h.jpg

Real Onigokko 2

002002-e.jpg002002-f.jpg

(sorry for poor quality pics, took part two caps from the trailer as I haven't gotten around to buying the (unsubbed) Japanese Blu-Ray yet. The first film should be available on English subbed Malaysia (or something) dvd, I think... yesasia might stock it)

Real Onigokko trailer:

Real Onigokko 2 trailer:

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Flashlegstan2009

Ive been keeping my Eye on this film for a while, i myself am looking for a copy of this asap definately love the trailers aswell especially if you can see the Rodeo Monkey Commercial Also for the Sequel :)

Ive been keeping my Eye on this film for a while, i myself am looking for a copy of this asap definately love the trailers aswell especially if you can see the Rodeo Monkey Commercial Also for the Sequel :)

whoa, I never saw that one before. Awesome!! Thanks. :yociexpress01:

ShaOW!linDude

Those look really interesting. I like a good chase movie myself. The action looks promising.

Is there any MA in either of them? The 2nd didn't appear to display any but the 1st had a couple places where it looked like they were squaring off to throw-down.

Those look really interesting. I like a good chase movie myself. The action looks promising.

Is there any MA in either of them? The 2nd didn't appear to display any but the 1st had a couple places where it looked like they were squaring off to throw-down.

No martial arts really. The first film throws in a couple of flips and jumps, but no real fighting that I could remember of. You get caught, game over. Especially in the second one where the bad guys are wearing electrocution gloves. But it takes like 3 seconds to charge the glove, so if they grab you, you have 3 second time to save your life.

Maybe I should emphasize a little bit that I don't want to get people's hopes up too high. The first film is good, and the second is near excellent. But masterpieces there are certainly not.

Archived