Chocolate 2...in 3D!

One Armed Boxer

One Armed Boxer

Twitch has just reported that Pracha Pinkaew is planning to make a sequel to `Chocolate`...with Jija Yanin returning...in 3D. While I`m definitely happy to hear about more Yanin action, I`m not particularly enthralled over the 3D element, especially after it was disastarously attempted in `True Legend`.

There is also no news of Panna being on board either, which I sincerely hope will be confirmed soon...I know `Raging Phoenix` seemed to split people down the middle, for me personally it didn`t deliver the same excitement that the choreography in `Chocolate` did, here`s hoping `Chocolate 2` can remedy that.

Here`s the link - http://twitchfilm.com/news/2011/02/efm-2011-chocolate-2-coming-in-3d.php

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OpiumKungFuCracker

Chocolate showcase one of the most surprising talents to come in the Kung Fu genre in a long time and that talent is Jija Yanin.... I prefer her more than Tony Jaa and that is saying something.. O.K maybe not but she's such a fucking ass kicking chick in that movie.. I usually would think a girl in kung fu movies would be corny as shit, but this Jija Yanin prove my ass wrong.. She can kick my ass anytime, LOL...

jija+yanin+vismistananda+5.jpg

I'm going to go against the grain here and say that we really don't need a sequel to this movie! I liked the way it ended why ruin it! I really enjoyed Chocolate and I also enjoyed watching Jija Yanin while I wasn't really happy with Raging Phoenix I would like to see her in some other stuff. But there isn't a reason to go back and in 3D that is going to be a waste also.

Twitch has just reported that Pracha Pinkaew is planning to make a sequel to `Chocolate`...with Jija Yanin returning...in 3D. While I`m definitely happy to hear about more Yanin action, I`m not particularly enthralled over the 3D element, especially after it was disastarously attempted in `True Legend`.

There is also no news of Panna being on board either, which I sincerely hope will be confirmed soon...I know `Raging Phoenix` seemed to split people down the middle, for me personally it didn`t deliver the same excitement that the choreography in `Chocolate` did, here`s hoping `Chocolate 2` can remedy that.

Here`s the link - http://twitchfilm.com/news/2011/02/efm-2011-chocolate-2-coming-in-3d.php

I just hope that they release a 2D DVD because I have no interest in 3D movies. I'm also with you that I hope that Panna is involved as I too found that the choreography in Raging Phoenix was seriously unexciting, despite some interesting sequences it was a huge let-down.

I'm going to go against the grain here and say that we really don't need a sequel to this movie! I liked the way it ended why ruin it! I really enjoyed Chocolate and I also enjoyed watching Jija Yanin while I wasn't really happy with Raging Phoenix I would like to see her in some other stuff. But there isn't a reason to go back and in 3D that is going to be a waste also.

I agree that there's no need for a sequel to Chocolate but I do look forward to seeing a new Jija film. I just hope like I said above that Panna is involved because it would be such a crying shame if Jija Yanin fell off the radar so soon after making such a huge impact in Chocolate.

Um, OK?

The only time I've enjoyed 3D lately is if the movie is either mostly or entirely CGI. It still looks blurry and weird for live-action stuff at times.

Honestly most 3D movies really aren't that good! Unless the movie was specailly made for 3D like when Disney states Disney real 3D Its just more hype than anything and it is a way for them to jack up the prices!

• Administrator

Along with Daisho, I feel that a sequel to CHOCOLATE is unecessary. I really enjoyed the film, but felt that the ending was what it should have been, with no need to continue the character's story. Will I still watch CHOCOLATE 2 when it comes out? You bet! But I'd prefer that Jija was on to a new character in a totally original story.

Personally, despite it's flaws,I liked RAGING PHOENIX much more than most people.

As for 3D... Despite it being used poorly in more than a few cases, I have enjoyed it for the most part. The 3D in AVATAR was incredible, and helped immerse me as a viewer into the experience. It was also beautifully used in the animated film UP, and utilized to full exploitation effect in the vastly underrated schlock-fest PIRANHA 3D! Other than a few cool flying teeth, and a bit here and there, GREEN HORNET didn't really benefit all that much from being in 3D, but it didn't detract from the film for me either. Just my 2 cents on this (reknewed) new trend.

KFB: Most animated movies look great in 3D as for Avatar James Cameron had the money to put an incredible movie together, and I agree with you that The Green Hornet really didn't fair that well in 3D either. As you said, I will also watch Chocolate #2 but what are they going to do with the storyline make her go back in time also and are we going to have a trilogy with Chocolate #3 as well? This is the problem don't ruin a good thing

One Armed Boxer

If the producers have even an ounce of common sense, they should get Rina Takeda on board as someone Yanin can face off with.

Both girls have some impressive leg work, are at the peak of their physical abilities, arn`t afraid of getting their hands dirty...and are pretty easy on the eye to boot!

It would also be a good way to incorporate the Japan connection that was brought in with Abe Hiroshi`s character from the original movie into the sequel.

In regards to 3D, it seems to be like the wire-work of modern day cinema. Done correctly and it`s impressive, but all too many times it seems to just be there for the sake of it, adding nothing to the overall expreiece.

Martial arts cinema in particular is specifically about being amazed at what the performers can do...it doesn`t need 3D to enhance it. Would watching Jackie Chan slide down the pole in the mall at the climax of `Police Story` be any better in 3D? Or watching Donnie Yen vs Colin Chou in the finale of `Flash Point` be any more exciting in 3D? For me the answer is a simple `no`.

• Administrator
If the producers have even an ounce of common sense, they should get Rina Takeda on board as someone Yanin can face off with.

Both girls have some impressive leg work, are at the peak of their physical abilities, arn`t afraid of getting their hands dirty...and are pretty easy on the eye to boot!

It would also be a good way to incorporate the Japan connection that was brought in with Abe Hiroshi`s character from the original movie into the sequel.

I certainly agree about having Rina face off against Jija. Wow, great idea!

Or... how about those two and the talented lass from COWEB (who's name I forget) star in an IRON ANGELS type film where they all get to kick the asses of a hundred baddies in some drug-filled warehouse? That would be an amazing throwback to the awesome HK flicks of the '80s. Better yet, they could be facing off against illegal explosives smugglers. Hmmm... can't use guns in there, eh? :bigsmile:

In regards to 3D, it seems to be like the wire-work of modern day cinema. Done correctly and it`s impressive, but all too many times it seems to just be there for the sake of it, adding nothing to the overall expreiece.

Martial arts cinema in particular is specifically about being amazed at what the performers can do...it doesn`t need 3D to enhance it. Would watching Jackie Chan slide down the pole in the mall at the climax of `Police Story` be any better in 3D? Or watching Donnie Yen vs Colin Chou in the finale of `Flash Point` be any more exciting in 3D? For me the answer is a simple `no`.

I hear what you're saying, but I think it would be just a little cooler. When done correctly, it's just a tool to make the movie-watching experience more immersive. So, if I felt like instead of being in a theater watching JC do that slide, I was in the mall, leaning over the railing and seeing it. Yes, I think it would add to the film a little. I've seen JC in 3D in MAGNIFICENT BODYGUARD, and it was pretty cool.

I've heard the same thing Dragon Sword in that 3D makes your eyes work in an unnatural way and can strain them. They also recommend that young children shouldn't watch any 3D movies as it may affect their development.

As for 3D creating a more immersing experience I have to agree with one-armed boxers comments. If the film-makers put the extra effort into making exciting action sequences it doesn't need anything more to enhance it. Besides for me the idea of wearing a pair of glasses over a pair of glasses is nothing but distracting. And you certainly not going to see the same high quality standard 3D as in a mega blockbuster like Avatar in a relatively low budget film like this sequel. I just hope they put the same amount of effort into the action, stunts and fights as the original.

Archived