One Armed Swordsman on Blu Ray

David Rees

The Taiwan version has been OOS on several sites for a few months already! Didn't they know we would want this on blu?

There's one on eBay, if you're still looking.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
may order this soon. just wish blu ray wasnt so much.

I have the other two; Return of The One-Armed Swordsman and The New One-Armed Swordsman and they're well worth having, and a tremendous upgrade over the DVD Trilogy IVL Boxset I have.

I have the other two; Return of The One-Armed Swordsman and The New One-Armed Swordsman and they're well worth having, and a tremendous upgrade over the DVD Trilogy IVL Boxset I have.

Sounds good. I personally can't afford the 30 plus dollars I have seen it for though but if that release ever makes it state side for under 20 I will get it.

So where can I get the first film? Yesasia have not had it in stock for weeks now.

It's also unclear how this compares to the DD disc?

EDIT: Nevermind; the caps-a-holic pic of the snowy scene and contrasted with Spannick's reveals quite a lot of new detail. The colour looks similar as well. Hooray!

So where can I get the first film? Yesasia have not had it in stock for weeks now.

Have you tried ordering it from Yesasia, or does "out-of-stock" for them mean you could be waiting a month and never get it? Sorry, I don't really use them.

There is still one on eBay too.

yeah I will be honest with you, that ebay price isnt bad really. Even with my contact in Taiwan that would still cost me over 25. So if you get it for 30 then you are doing good. Other dvds that guy makes a lot more on but a lot of them are getting hard to find so it isnt so bad when you consider how the prices were on yesasia anyway. I always payed 15 for most of my ivl's but I as ok with it. DDDhouse cost me a lot on shipping.

Any news on the availability of this disc?

My copy has shipped! I will soon enjoy the benefit of owning THE ONE ARMED SWORDSMAN TRILOGY on blu ray! I love these films and own them on VHS, & DVD, Eng. dubs and Subs.

Trust me, when you find time it'll be more than worth it.

I caved in and bought all three a few weeks ago, they didn't take too long to get here from Taiwan. It was excellent to watch them in high def. Was worth the expense.

The Dragon
Trust me, when you find time it'll be more than worth it.

I caved in and bought all three a few weeks ago, they didn't take too long to get here from Taiwan. It was excellent to watch them in high def. Was worth the expense.

How did you manage to get it so easily? When I purchased the other two, OAS was on backorder for the longest. I was beginning to think I'd never get it.

How did you manage to get it so easily? When I purchased the other two, OAS was on backorder for the longest. I was beginning to think I'd never get it.

There was an ebay seller selling all three of them. I just took the chance. It was just a bit of luck, because as you said OAS had been out of stock for a long time. Even before I saw them on ebay I was looking to get all three at once.

OldPangYau
Any idea if these are ever going to be released in the states?

Considering New One Armed Swordsman hasn''t even had a DVD release in the US, and that Dragon Dynasty seems to be in a coma if not flat out dead, we probably won't :sad: It's too bad, considering their blu-ray of Five Deadly Venoms was in DAMN good quality! Far better than their disasterous 36th Chamber blu.

Iron_Leopard

I rewatched this last night. My Dragon Dynasty dvd and I was stunned at how good the english dub was.

I'm assuming it was the original dub but curious why it seemed miles better than most Shaw dubs.

Omni Dragon
1 hour ago, Iron_Leopard said:

I rewatched this last night. My Dragon Dynasty dvd and I was stunned at how good the english dub was.

I'm assuming it was the original dub but curious why it seemed miles better than most Shaw dubs.

It certainly sounds like the voice actors associated with original English dubs. Generally I think they put more effort into the early dubs and got complacent later on. I get the sense from interviews that (later on) some veteran dubbers may have found the job tedious and just wanted to get through the work quickly. Of course this is just a general impression I get and the quality of dubs varies from movie to movie.

Archived