One Armed Swordsman on Blu Ray

David Rees

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Taiwan releases of the other Shaw titles were quickly followed by Hong Kong releases so this should be the same. Apparently the trailer for this and New One Armed Swordsman were on the the HK Love Eterne Blu Ray release.

I hope they got the same master as Dragon Dynasty did; One Armed Swordsmen and Return of the One Armed Swordsmen are two of their better looking DVDs.

Looks like this is already out in Taiwan:

JSDVD Link

If anyone gets this, PLEASE let us know how it is. The fact that they only list Dolby Digital 5.1 for the audio tracks is troubling...

The HK DVD is 5.1 only but it is just mono spread across 5 speakers and as far as i can tell no added sound fx. If the Blu ray is the same i will be ok with it.

Just got this e-mail from dddhouse regarding these movies..

Hi,

Distributor of “The One Armed Swordsman Blu-ray” informed that those items are printing problems and stop to release on time until further notice.

We regret that your order was cancelled without any charge, we will post it on site once we get further release information.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

I hope the delay isnt too long, i really want these on Blu ray!

I wonder if the Taiwan releases will be any different? They are due for release on the 1st of April.

RETURN OF THE ONE-ARMED SWORDSMAN Taiwan Disc.

same Specs as Part 1, no Audio Tampering again. Fortune Star gets much worse with Bluray, Celestial gets much better than before.

Shots in this Link here, as this forum does not allow more than 20shots and i don't have time to edit that

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/7nknjcwf4djmlypdjmr43adol980s3pc

a5722e132662715.jpg

waywardsage

Good to see that a shaw is getting the Blu treatment. But I'm afraid i'm not upgrading my DVD to a Blu of One Armed Swordsman. The action in this film pales in comparison to the far cooler, edgier Japanese version in Hideo Gosha's Secret of the Urn!

The Taiwan version has been OOS on several sites for a few months already! Didn't they know we would want this on blu?

Archived