Star Wars actor dies

Guest teako170

Guest teako170

Phil Brown who played Luke Skywalker's Uncle Owen has died of pneumonia this past Thursday. He was 89.

Back in '98, I met Phil at a comic con in NYC. He was there with his wife who was selling signed photos of him from various movie roles. We talked briefly about Star Wars and the only thing I can recall is feeling a bit sad for him. He looked somewhat weak/tired and didn't appear like he wanted to be there.

Last week, I logged onto IMDb to see if he were still alive and indeed he was. Then tonight, I read of his death of the front page of Yahoo. RIP Phil... and may the force be with you.

news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060...it_brown_1

Guest limubai2000

It was covered on most of the movie geek websites.

I too also met him in 98 at a Phoenix SW con along with Baker and Prowse. I remember him much as you do, I'm sure the AZ heat didn't do anything for his spirits either. Seemed a nice enough guy to me, I remember a younger gothy looking girl really spending alot of time talking to him and taking photos with him and his wife, he was digging that.

Guest limubai2000

I'm from AZ of course it's a dry heat, but it still sucks when it goes over 110!!!! Been there done that for 25 of my 35 yrs on this earth, no more. I'm happy in my tropic climate now, nary a day above 95 and always have trade winds!

On 12/3/2020 at 7:00 AM, Koravec said:

Rip Dave Prowse, actor who played Darth Vader himself.

My Dad saw Dave Prowse in the early 1970's at a Mr Universe event in London. He wasn't competing but there to watch the event. My Dad knew his face, from the many bodybuilding related adverts he appeared in at the time. I don't think he had done any acting at this point?.

• Like 4

RIP Jeremy Bulloch, the man behind the mask of Boba Fett in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. 

From left to right: Irvin Kershner, Jeremy Bulloch and Dave Prowse:

Empire.jpg.8dfe407f4c437b360457dfb68d55cdba.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

On 12/17/2020 at 8:47 PM, Omni Dragon said:

RIP Jeremy Bulloch, the man behind the mask of Boba Fett in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. 

Sad news, I got to meet Jeremy Bulloch at a Sci-Fi convention as teenager and I still have his autograph somewhere.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 4

Cant believe Bob Fett and Darth Vader died so closely together. In a time where Star Wars is still trending in pop culture and Boba Fett in particular with whats going on in Mandolarian, Im surprised there wasnt a bigger news coverage for Boba actors passing.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Koravec said:

Im surprised there wasnt a bigger news coverage for Boba actors passing.

I feel like the announcements of deaths of public figures have been a bit more low key in the news this year, probably due to the pandemic.

Edited by Omni Dragon
  • Like 2