Was just reading Bruce's Jeet Kune Do book and Bruce wrote something very intiguing..

Golden Arm Kid

Golden Arm Kid

http://www.amazon.com/Jeet-Kune-Do-Commentaries-Martial/dp/0804831327/ref=pd_sim_b_6

About GOD

I was reading Bruce's closing statements (well probably just random notes). Bruce mentioned that he was just starting to film Enter the Dragon and Game of Death is HALFWAY DONE. So I guess it's safe to say there's a decent amount of unseen footage still out there? Because considering that only 3 of 5 floors were shot for GOD I find it hard to believe that that's only half the film.

• Like 1

Golden Arm Kid
Could he have meant he was halfway done with the end fights?

Could be but he doesn't mention the end fights. He just merely says he's haflway done with the Game of Death.

• Like 1

Bruce started filming Game Of Death in September '72 and only filmed the pagoda fights before committing to Enter The Dragon. He was due to resume filming in autumn '73 and this would have included location work in Korea.

I have read that; I assumed he meant it as if to say "started but not nearly done" as opposed to literally half.

Cognoscente
On 2/10/2011 at 4:23 AM, Golden Arm Kid said:

Bruce mentioned that he was just starting to film Enter the Dragon and Game of Death is HALFWAY DONE. So I guess it's safe to say there's a decent amount of unseen footage still out there? Because considering that only 3 of 5 floors were shot for GOD I find it hard to believe that that's only half the film.

I believe Bruce shot more than we have been led to believe. Bruce wasn't like Jackie Chan - spending an entire month on a fight scene - so I never bought the whole one fight per month thing. Bruce's butler/stuntman Wu Ngan claimed that all of the pagoda fights were filmed with the exception of the outdoor battle. Also, Lam Ching-Ying told Bey Logan that GOD was two thirds complete when Bruce died.

• Like 2