What is your ideal 5 disc Bruce Lee DVD/Blu Ray box set?

Golden Arm Kid

Golden Arm Kid

For me it would definetely be:

The Green Hornet (although idk if they could fit all 26 episodes on a DVD. Probably a Blu Ray. If not TGH I would most definitely replace with something like Bruce Lee: The Legend)

The Big Boss

Fist of Fury

Way of the Dragon

A Warrior's Journey

Imo it'd be a lot more of a "truer" box set so to speak if only for the fact that Game of Death is replaced with A Warrior's Journey. Clouse's GOD was atrocious to me and A Warrior's Journey with Bruce's intended vision and footage for GOD does Bruce a lot more justice in a box set.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Golden Arm Kid

Well actually realistically speaking I'd maybe have Enter the Dragon instead of TGH but I have no idea how someone would be able to get the rights to Bruce's HK movies AND Enter the Dragon. If we're talking in absolute ideals here I'd have ETD in for TGH.

Guest Markgway

1. The Big Boss

2. Fist of Fury

3. The Way of the Dragon

4. Enter the Dragon

All titles to be presented at 2.35:1 in 1080/24p Widescreen from a genuine HD source.

Titles 1-3 presented in original Mandarin mono (completely in-sync) with re-translated (and wholly accurate) English subtitles.

Title 4 to be presented in its original theatrical cut and nto the bogus 'director's cut' we've been saddled with since 1998. Also the original mono track and classic Warner logo should be properly restored.

NB: Obviously the rights to Enter the Dragon are held by Warners not Fox but seeing as this is a fantasy box set...

Golden Arm Kid
1. The Big Boss

2. Fist of Fury

3. The Way of the Dragon

4. Enter the Dragon

All titles to be presented at 2.35:1 in 1080/24p Widescreen from a genuine HD source.

Titles 1-3 presented in original Mandarin mono (completely in-sync) with re-translated (and wholly accurate) English subtitles.

Title 4 to be presented in its original theatrical cut and nto the bogus 'director's cut' we've been saddled with since 1998. Also the original mono track and classic Warner logo should be properly restored.

NB: Obviously the rights to Enter the Dragon are held by Warners not Fox but seeing as this is a fantasy box set...

Very Nice. You DO have one more slot to fill though :). Also I'm a little younger than most on these parts of the forums I'd imagine. I wasn't around for the theatrical release of ETD. What are the differences between the theatrical cut and the "bogus director's cut"?

Guest Markgway
You DO have one more slot to fill though :).

Disc 5 could be for the extras: Trailers, deleted scenes, cast interviews, etc. Maybe some 'making of' type docs.... or even Bruce Lee - The legend in its entirety.

What are the differences between the theatrical cut and the "bogus director's cut"?

Lee's conversation with Roy Chiao (as the Abbot) has been crudely inserted into the pre-credits sequence (with newly dubbed dialogue). An aural flashback to this scene has been inserted into the hall of mirrors sequence; necessitating the removal of one shot present in the theatrical cut.

As previously mentioned, the opening studio logo has been replaced, and the mono track remixed.

Archived