"Bond, James Bond" or (alt title) Daniel WHO??

Guest teako170

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest limubai2000

Daniel looks more like a Bond bad guy than a Bond.

I think eogs and greed caused this situation and I have completed the email and petition. Screw these EON retards.

Though for the record I didn't like the last 2 Bond films, too overblown and too much CGI in Die Another Day. Goldeneye and Tomorrow Never Dies were great though!

Guest Dion Brother

I'm relieved Craig is Bond. I want to see the series return to the grittiness of the 1960s films and Ian Fleming's original books. Brosnan had his decade and I didn't enjoy any of his films. Let another actor have a shot at it. Christ, check out L4YER CAKE....Craig will be a welcome alternative to Brosnan metrosexual pretty boy. The series needs a serious reboot anyway.

Guest rebelliousreign1

To be honest I had doubts over Daniel Craig, yet I'm prepared to give him a chance. I like the idea of a more realistic Bond film; my favourites are the most realistic ones, particularly 'On Her Majesty's Secret Service', 'Licence To Kill' and 'For Your Eyes Only', which kept gadgets to a minimum.

As for Brosnan's tenure as Bond, he did an excellent job, but the films were a bit hit and miss. I feel that 'Die Another Day' was entertaining, but the plot was oh-so-tired and the endless in jokes didn't help either. I thought 'Goldeneye' and 'Tomorrow Never Dies' (the first half anyway) were up there with the best Bonds, but I actually thought 'The World Is Not Enough' was one of the weakest of the entire series.

Guest teako170
Daniel looks more like a Bond bad guy than a Bond.
cosign.

I actually thought 'The World Is Not Enough' was one of the weakest of the entire series.
Agreed... BUT it did feature the best "Brosnan Bond Babes" duo (Sophie Marceau & Denise Richards). I feel the reason this film failed was because the villain just wasn't evil enough. Sophie is cute but she's no femme-fatale like Famke Janssen's "Xenia Onatopp." :smokin

Guest Markgway

I though Pierce Brosnan was bang-on as 007. The right mix of playboy charm and deadly assassin. He did look as though was willing to kill as much as shag. See the way he cold-bloodedly executes Dr. Kaufman in Tomorrow Never Dies. I'm reserving my judgement on Daniel Craig until I see him in action - that's only fair now he's been cast. I liked Goldeneye and Tomorrow Never Dies a lot, didn't care at all for Die Another Day. The World is Not Enough was good, apart from Denise Richards, the least convincing Nuclear Scientist in history! She looks like a Playboy model, wears tight shorts and is called 'Christmas' for @#%$'s sake!!

Goldeneye fit and TND had a nice, different feel with him sharing with Yeoh. Great action in TND as well. That helicopter stuff...

Those last 2 Bond flicks, ack. TWiNE and DaD were terrible. TWiNE was embarrasing. Brosnan looked to be tired and just delivering lines. TWiNE should have been his last.

This guy doesn't even have the look. Look at that head. He looks like a hockey player. I really felt they dropped the ball not getting Clive Owen in time.

Guest teako170
She looks like a Playboy model, wears tight shorts and ...
Gee Mark, you make it sound like this was a bad thing! :P

I guess I'm in the minority as I felt Die Another Day was his second best film (after GoldenEye). Enjoyed the villains and the interaction between Bond & Jinx. TWINE could have been better if we saw General Chang square off against Bond. I could see it now:

Bond (in broken English): Hmpff, your kung fu skills are good. But still - you're going to die today.

Chang (merely raising an eyebrow): Ya think? :D

Guest rebelliousreign1

I don't think 'Die Another Day' was bad- I enjoyed it, certainly. There are NO Bond films I actively dislike, in all fairness, none are outright bad (though 'Man With The Golden Gun' and 'A View To A Kill' come perilously close...). However, some are better than others.

As for Halle Berry, she certainly wasn't one of the best Bond girls for me. The role she played seemed to be an attempt to fuse the best of the various Bond girls over the years in one character, but it failed somewhat. Hardly up there with Britt Ekland's woeful turn in 'Man With The Golden Gun' though. None of them come close to Diana Rigg for me in any case from 'On Her Majesty's Secret Service'- obviously none of the others did for Bond himself either as he married her (albeit, for a few minutes...).

Archived