Looking for the DVD of Black Butterfly...

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

If I remember correctly board member, Ivy Ling Po (different name now I believe) had posted that Black Butterfly was released on DVD format in another country. I'm just posting this hoping she or somebody on here knows whether this is correct and if it has english subs. It's one of my favorite Shaws films and I would be immensley grateful for knowledge of how to obtain this film on DVD w/english subs. Thanks in advance to anyone who may reply.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have The Black Butterfly DVD from Singapore and can confirm that it has English subs.

It was incredibly hard to find as was Lily Ho's The Angel Strikes Again which was only released on VCD in Hong Kong. It took 2 trips to Singapore to source both DVDs.

Of course these 2 movies are in the Ziieagle Shaw box now looking better than ever.

Is HK vcd of black butterfly complete?I have roughly 20 vcds and noticed about (at least, maybe more) 30% of them have some footage missing between end of cd1 and beginning of cd2.

shaolin swords

i been looking for a brand new sealed copy of this movie like crazy and had no luck.i just got a dvd-r of this movie in the mail a couple of days ago.somebody sent it to me from this forum.the only thing your going to find is it in vcd format not dvd.trust me i been looking for this movie for a while been e mailing diffrent kung fu movie campanys and had no luck.and the dvd-r i got does have english subs.

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

I can definitely believe that since I've been surfing the web through singapore DVD sales websites, all the asian DVD websites and so on. That sucks! Right when Winfred had first stated its release I did look for it, but with no success. I guess I'll just have to be happy with my opened and unopened VCD copies. I got an extra right after it was released just in case.

Archived