Ironside 426

panku

Just watched the Joy Sales of Ironside 426 with english subs. Decent police / gang drama starring Jason Pai Piao as Damon, a cop that infiltrates a gang but then starts bonding with the "good" thugs. Pretty bad translation throughout, but the last minute is priceless. I have no idea what they're trying to say.

Doggie is Damon's sidekick and Charmagne is his girlfriend. The last minute is really the only light-hearted part of the film:

Damon: Was called Uncle Wen to be also useless, walked.

Doggie: I...

Charmagne: Damon! The article elder brother, the Doggie is a person on one's own side, what put him to do?

Damon: Has put him. You have bought these many foods. I must catch him to go back eat meal. Go on! (everyone laughs)

Charmagne: Eats meal, Originally is this.

Doggie: A bit faster is towing your chicken gizzard shad.

Damon: Fades the young, should not be happy. Finished eating the food to pull on again you the police authorities. Puts you to want Because I tonight also miss one. (everyone laughs) Go on!

The End

2462kb9.png

2wf07q8.png

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

That is too funny.

Whoever was doing those subs must been smoking their chicken gizzard shad.

Sadly, many of these DVD's are filled with typos. Many of the JS films feature the original theatrical subs. Those are the subs that you see on the VCD's. Those seldom have typos. Those subs are reproduced line for line in the DVD's, but got messed up while being re-typed. The Young Dragons is a good exapmle of this - the DVD is filled with typos, the VCD is solid :(

Slightly off-topic, but someone over at ADC has just done a brand new translation for Young Dragons, based on the French subs of the recent R2 French release. They've added the subs to this French release and it's far superior to the awful joysales disc.

BATTLE AXE 45

Yes, the ADC version is far superior to the Joy Sales disc of Young Avengers with better picture quality and the most accurate subs I've seen.

The quality of their subs oscillates between half-way decent and horrendous. Watched the Joy Sales version of CARRY ON PICKPOCKET yesterday night and felt that the movie was seriously marred because of careless and also somewhat incomplete subtitling.

Archived