Kunoichi (Takeda, Chiba, Sonomura) (2010)

Takuma

One Armed Boxer
Don't expect subs, though.

Don`t expect it to be any good either.:tongue:

I`m a little confused at the `Opening Day Greeting` feature, as I understand that`s what I actually had a ticket for, but it was cancelled due to the earthquake and tsunami disaster happening only a few days earlier, so I wonder what it will be footage of.

Don`t expect it to be any good either.:tongue:

:xd:

I`m a little confused at the `Opening Day Greeting` feature, as I understand that`s what I actually had a ticket for, but it was cancelled due to the earthquake and tsunami disaster happening only a few days earlier, so I wonder what it will be footage of.

Osaka opening maybe :tongue: I'll tell you in August.

I ... thought AVN was total crap on every level (and there was plenty of talk, talk, talk in that film too, one LONNNNG tedious scene in particular, plus lame comedy bits, terrible effects, terrible acting, and pretty terrible fight choreography).

So, what are you trying to say?

:wink:

Watched this movie and...yes, it's terrible. Ther only two fights who deserves some credit, the first it's more funny than serious, Kisaragi (Rina) beats a guy and he's grimace a lot, so it's funny...

The only good part of all movie is the second fight, when she uses a short sword (kodachi, I think), well-choreographed, getting to excite. But when that fight ends... well, the last fight is a shame, so there's no point in commenting.

Rina is good and beautiful as always, even with a weak costume in the film in general. She's like a ninja was a good idea, but in Kunoichi, was poorly executed.

Waiting now for Avec Punch, and for a new movie when she can do another movie like a ninja or samurai, but better than Kunoichi.

One Armed Boxer
Watched this movie and...yes, it's terrible.

That's almost giving the movie a compliment.:tongue: You deserve some kind of medal for sitting through it!

Waiting now for Avec Punch, and for a new movie when she can do another movie like a ninja or samurai, but better than Kunoichi.

Well, better than 'Kunoichi' shouldn't be too hard to achieve, but I'm not putting my hopes on 'Avec Punch', it looks lackluster at best. Having recently watched 'Yakuza Weapon', I'd have to say the best thing Rina could do would be to team up with Tak Sakaguchi, now that would be a movie to see!

Even the customs office tried to step on my way...

... but after some Rambo-knife negotiating it's in my hands now, with no extra charges...

Destined to like this one... (:angel:)

... report back when I do (see it)

Sadly, I have to concur with the consensus that Kunoichi is not very good. :sad: How they could cast Rina in a film and so under-utilize her impressive martial arts skills like this is beyond comprehension. :tinysmile_angry2_t: Still, I was able to sit through it a lot easier than the abominable AVN. :xd:

It looks like NUKENIN might be Seiji Chiba's only "good" movie. And the good news is that it's coming out on DVD with English Subs in the UK shortly: :smile:

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2011/08/21/rogue-ninja-coming-to-uk-dvd/

Theater N, 2011/04/07. The last Tokyo screening, I think.

painfully streched over 80 minutes, where everyone involved seems to be struggling to find something interesting to do to fill the time.

65 actually, 60 without closing credits :angel:. But I understand if it felt like 80 to you :tongue:

... report back when I do (see it)

Since I'm too damn busy to write anything longer at the moment (full review some day, promise), I'll just put it in brief: has its moments - cool bits of music here and there, a pretty decent action finale, and nice to see the familiar actors again - but heavily underperforms its action duties at the expense of streched storytelling that doesn't lead anywhere. No ninja magic whatsoever to be found here. And Chiba, man, you gotta find a new cave already!

Not a good film, but not entirely bad either. Kinda liked it just a little bit. Alien vs. Ninja appears to be Chiba's only good film, though. Strange that he could be so succesful with that one and come so short with Kunoichi and Nukenin (although this only enforces my suspicions that Yuuji Shimomura had more to do with AvN than he's being credited for...)

One Armed Boxer
I'll just put it in brief: has its moments - cool bits of music here and there, a pretty decent action finale, and nice to see the familiar actors again - but heavily underperforms its action duties at the expense of streched storytelling that doesn't lead anywhere. No ninja magic whatsoever to be found here. And Chiba, man, you gotta find a new cave already!

Not a good film, but not entirely bad either. Kinda liked it just a little bit.

Yaaah!....Takuma, you just delivered the first blow to my unwavering faith in your movie reviews! Really!? I thought the music was grating to the point of wanting to insert skewers into my ears Tadanobu Asano stlye from 'Ichi the Killer', and a decent action finale? Don't give people false hope!:tongue: