The Warrior - Barry Prima

Guest godzombie

Guest lickinblood

great movie

i am still searching for the devils sword,i have only seen clips of this movie,but the scenes with the crocodile men look totally crazy

I have Devils Sword, The Warrior and the Warrior vs Blind Swordsman, and they are all superb! The Devils Sword I won on ebay usa for 1 cent. The crocodile men in Devil's Sword are great!

I picked it up in a trade a while back. It is not the best quality but is certainly watchable. I think I preferred the Devils Sword more (love anything with a flying guillotine!) If you are interesting in trading drop me a line and we'll see if we can sort something out. Out of interest I am sure Mondo Macabro are releasing it this year in any event, I will be buying it as soon as it is out!

Guest godzombie

I bought The Warrior on VHS for around £2.00. It was censored in places too.

Luckily one night Channel 4 or some other channel had a Kung-Fu night thing, and Barry Prima was featured.

The Warrior was screened in its entirety and I taped it.

Better quality than the original that had been out festering for years on a market stall!

Sounds like your copy is likely to be more watchable than my own in any event.

I have to say that I love watching Indonesian stuff along these lines. Ever since I saw 'The Stabilizer' I have been hooked on tracking stuff like this down! I have been looking for a copy of Jungle Heat for ages...

I've got a crazy collection of this stuff, but Mondo Macabro in the US/UK will be releasing most of it this year and the next.

Guest Druust

I hope they get re-released. I just watched the Warrior and the sequel "Blind Swordsman vs the Warrior" and both were fantastic. I liked the sequel a tiny bit better though.

Highly recommend both for some cult action filmage!

I saw all 3 jaka sembung movies eternity ago from vhs. Great fun, my fav of trilogy was "warrior and the ninja"...

Do these have proper releases on dvd?

German fullscreen dvd and no english audio of "warrior and the ninja" isn`t exactly tempting purchase...

Do we have any Barry Prima fans that are currently active here? Which movies of his are the most worth watching?

@SMK and @One Armed Boxer - Does this thread belong here, or in the Classic Martial Arts section?

• Like 2