Movie title help Please

bai ma

Hello Everyone

It's great to be a new member~

I am really hoping someone can help me out. I have been looking for a movie for almost 15 years. I only remember one scene clearly, and I think the other scene that's in my mind is from the same film, but I'm not positive.

The scene that I desperately want to see again has a woman kung fu master standing on top of a table. She is about to be attacked by several people. When they break into her "house?" she is standing on top of the table on one leg with her other leg raised straight up into the air with her foot directly above her head. Someone moves in to attack - bad idea - her foot come sweeping down and knocks the guy out. As other guys come at her her foot continues to drop on their heads, knocking them out, and then returning to being raised directly above her head.

Does that sound familiar at all?

If I'm not getting my movies confused, at the end of this film, the same woman fights a rival master at the end. He's attacking with a long spear and she has a much smaller weapon. She lures him into a small structure where his spear becomes obsolete and proceeds to kick his ass.

Hopefully this will ring some bells. I'd so love to see this movie again.

Thanks!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone

I am also a new member, and looking for a title to a movie. From what i can remember its like any kung fu movie where the star of the movie gets beaten up many times even to the point of death,but he comes back trains harder and finally becomes victorious. The movie is similar to kung fu punch of death, but more intense better quality. I watched the movie in the 1980's on vhs. To add a little more info in one of his training sequences he plunged his hands into hot sand to toughen them.

One Armed Boxer
To add a little more info in one of his training sequences he plunged his hands into hot sand to toughen them.

There are countless movies that feature this training method, but the one that immediately springs to mind is Jimmy Wang Yu`s `The Chinese Boxer`.....check out the 00:44 mark in the clip below for a shot of the training sequence you mention.

dVXrhxRTNCg

There are countless movies that feature this training method, but the one that immediately springs to mind is Jimmy Wang Yu`s `The Chinese Boxer`.....check out the 00:44 mark in the clip below for a shot of the training sequence you mention.

dVXrhxRTNCg

No this is not the one.I remeber vaguely that the characters had long pony tails and shaved foreheads. Thanks for your quick responce, and post some of those titles you talked about just to see if it would jog my memory

The movie is WING CHUN starring Michelle Yeoh. Enjoy!

And welcome to the forum.

Thank You - I think that's it. I didn't realize it was from 1994. Thanks!

Any more titles?

Is there any more possible info? The parameters are fairly general. Other than the iron hand-like training, this could be any of thousands of films. Was it made in the 80s, or you just watched it then?

Trying to give more info, they also used logs swang it at him to toughen him up ,he would fight an apponent lose badly to the point of death at times goes back train,returns beats his apponent gets cocky till he loses again. He does this until he meets the big dog in the final. the characters had pony tail and shaved foreheads,the big dog i think was the leader of an army . is there any list or person anywhere with movies of the same theme that can share it with me . just trying to jog my memory

ShaOW!linDude

Could it be Punch of Death starring Meng Fei?

Been a while since I watched it but that sounds similar.

I wonder if your confusing 2 or more movies, the getting hit with logs scene sounds a bit like Marco Polo, the constantly getting beat up, training, trying again does sound like Prodigal Boxer or Executioners fron Shaolin/Clan of the White Lotus

I wonder if your confusing 2 or more movies, the getting hit with logs scene sounds a bit like Marco Polo, the constantly getting beat up, training, trying again does sound like Prodigal Boxer or Executioners fron Shaolin/Clan of the White Lotus

Wouldn't be this one...Lo Lieh doesn't have the queue...he's got loads of hair.

I know that five fingers of death is a popular movie, where the star plunges his hands in hot sand, are there any other movies with this same occurance,and can i get a list of it please. or some info of where to find some.

i just had a chance to check out some of wing chun on youtube. while it looks really great and really similar to the movie i was thinking of, i don't think it's the one. the one i'm thinking of has a woman standing on a table fighting off a group of thieves just by kicking them. she keeps returning to a position of standing on one leg with her other leg raised straight above her head. at the end, she fights someone who has a long spear. in that fight sequence, she lures him into a small room where his spear becomes useless. i watched this movie around 1995 - could i have created false memories, or be getting two movies mixed up?

Archived