Asian Horrors

Guest Pom Pom

Guest Pom Pom

Hi can any1 tell me some great asian horrors, i have the like ov the ring movies , the eye, phone ,a tale of 2 sisters, wishing stairs, new blood,audition, ichi, so any clues wud be great thnxs, i like movies that give ya the fear factor and also lots of blood n gore etc thnxs

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Delightful Forest

The Malay horror piece "Pontianak harum sundal malam" is above average. A couple of very sexy and beautiful leading ladies made it definitely worthwhile.

Not sure if these are what you are after but how about

Kwaidan - superb Japanese ghost story

Pulse / Kairo - fantastic ghost movie with a great ending

R-Point - Korean ghost story about a squad in vietnam

Jigoku - Great Japanese flick about a woman who goes to hell

Seeding of a Ghost

Boxers Omen

Buppah Rahtree - Thai ghost story, but I did not really like ti too much, too much emphasis on comedy for my liking but some scary scenes.

Intruder - Great Cat 3, though the Vcd is slightly cut.

Then the other more sleazy cat 3's such as Naked Poison, Eternal Evil of Asia and the like are also great but not really scary...

Guest limubai2000

Double Vision out of Taiwan is great if you like the forboding kinda thing, from what I remember the bloody scenes are rather graphic but there only like 3. It's not a really scary kinda deal like Ring though.

Did you see R-Point? Is it worth getting?

I have R-Point, I got the limited edition Korean disc a while back as I am a sucker for Korean Dvd's!

All in all I liked it quite a bit. It's very well shot from what I remember though it is slow moving there is some good imagery in it. Really I suppose I will have to watch it again. I remember it being 'creepy' rather than 'scary' though, if that makes any sense.

Also how about

Crazy Lips and the sequel Gore From outer Space, though they are mad rather than scary.

The Imp - either the original or the later titled Cat 3 with the same name

Prostitute Killers - But this is just plain nasty!

Erotic Nightmare - Sleazy but worthwhile.

I have also heard that Inner Senses is good, but haven't seen it.

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Hey lim, I saw R-Point a while back and would also give it a thumbs up. I didnt like it enough to buy it, but enjoyed it. Nice productions values too. I say 7/10. Good, not great.

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Soda Drink, I usually wait and get the HK DVD releases of Korean flix, otherwise youll be paying an arm and a leg for em. I get mine at the usuall suspects (i.e. cd-wow, yesasia, dddhouse).

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Hey lim, did you know R-Point was released on R1 dvd yesterday from Tartan? I didnt know it was coming until I was it at Best Buy yesterday.

Anybody seen the film Spider Forest? Its a Korean horror flick, I believe. I picked up the R1 Tartan dvd at a local store in a previously viewed section for .01$. Yes, 1 cent!! (It was mis-labeled, score!)

Archived