Face Off: On SyFy

daisho2004

I don't know if anyone caught this new reality show on SyFy but it was excellent, its about a group of 12 People competing to be the next Hollywood FX's Makeup Artist, really a great show just watching them transform these People was unreal. It comes on Wednesday Night.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
froffeecoffee

I don't watch reality shows, but yes, this one was pretty worthwhile. The work and craftsmanship that goes into these make-up artists work is incredible.

It was a revelation to hear the critical detail that the judges, who are Hollywood make-up artists themselves, point out about what was good and bad about each creation.

The show was a lot better than I thought it would be.

• Administrator

I'd never even heard of this! Wow, I used to do makeup FX and wanted to go into this field as a career at one point. I'll definitely check this out. Thanks for the head's up Daisho.

I used to do makeup FX and wanted to go into this field as a career at one point.

KUNG FU BOB: Cool that you use to do that! BTW there still having an online contest for FX Make Up go to the link on SyFy you should enter you never know. And Yes this show is really good, last week was the 1st. episode.

OpiumKungFuCracker

As much as I despise reality shows these types like Top Chef and shit are an exception... Anything career related as long as it's not no damn talent shows, like American Idol or countless other ones with Nick Cannon or whatever his name is...

As much as I despise reality shows these types like Top Chef and shit are an exception... Anything career related as long as it's not no damn talent shows, like American Idol or countless other ones with Nick Cannon or whatever his name is.

OKFC: I'm not going to lie show reality shows are good, but for the most part I hate them: ]ex. The Jersey Shore, what the hell are these people thinking when they make these shows, and now there all Celebrities! WTF!

And I also love Top Chef

Face Off: This show to me really fits this type of forum, being how we all love movies and to really see up an coming Artist doing his/her thing is great.

Last night show was about painting body art, some of the bodies art was unbelievable!

Though not a fan of most reality shows myself, I think this one is pretty awesome. How can you not appreciate such awesome(for the most part) artistry?

I will admit that the judging and eliminations are a little overly dramatic though--but I suppose that is simply reality TV for you.

Last night episode was really good they had to make up there own Alien in teams of 2. Some of they Guys are really awesome in there work while others just good, but don't work well with others. Frank went home last night and he needed to.

Archived