Enter The Void (2009)

OpiumKungFuCracker

OpiumKungFuCracker

Anyone seen this little gem of a movie yet??? My drugs wore off half way through the movie but from what I saw this is a very experimental journey of a film, kind of like FPS game... It's the same guy who did Irreversible which ruined my fantasy of Monica Bellucci... Every movie I see her in now gives me flashbacks of that infamous rape scene....

Oh and it's also available to stream now on Netflix....

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OpiumKungFuCracker

Yeah this one is a little too experimental for me.. I need my films to be narrative driven and structured with plot points.. I really need to be intoxicated for some of the scenes that are either too drawn out or one long take of a shot...

A bit of an overkill as far as I am concerned. I liked Irreversible much better.

But definitely worth seeing, preferably on big screen. The bigger the screen and the better the sound, the more intense is the experience going to be.

OpiumKungFuCracker

They should have marketed and showed this sucker on IMAX but since most of the movies are family friendly, Hollywood or the theater staff would never have the balls to do something like that, which sucks for the theater going experience part...

After watching this movie I felt destoyed, dirty and depressed. What an intense film that goes on toooo long. Certainly like nothing else I've seen and from a visual standpoint it's quite amazing. Miles better than trite like A Serbian Film but still treads that art or exploitation borderline that makes me want to just cast it to one side and call it trash. One scene in particular just puts you off a certain act because its portrayed so sleazily. I felt like I couldn't look at my girlfriend after that. A guess for a film to impart such feelings on you is quite impressive but I don't think I will ever watch this again. Never seen Irreversible.

OpiumKungFuCracker
What an intense film that goes on toooo long.

I know right, isn't that always the case for these types of films... I love the Avant-garde type of filmmaking as much as the next guy but these filmmakers need to edit the sonofagun, I can't be on drugs all the time, LOL...

I know right, isn't that always the case for these types of films... I love the Avant-garde type of filmmaking as much as the next guy but these filmmakers need to edit the sonofagun, I can't be on drugs all the time, LOL...

I don't know if I could have handled this film on any mind altering substances. You're a brave man!

Archived