Best fight scenes in non-fighting movies

Guest rudolph

Guest rudolph

Charlie Sheen in 2nd bar brawl - The Rookie (1990)

Franc Nero in bar fight - Django (1966)

Burt Reynolds vs. Dan Inosanto & friends - Sharky's Machine (1981)

There are many more, but I can't remember right now! Is the fight in Manchurian Candidate (1962) really as good as everyone says? Please post your some more titles.

Guest droach75

I aggree They Live is the best, but i also love Grosse Point Blank. I think that scene is great, added by the great track by The English Beat 'Mirror In The Bathroom' (great soundtrack allround though). i think why i love it so much is how the film begins as a comedy, it turns quite dramatically by the end of the fight, when Minnie Driver sees Cusack stabbing the guy with the pen. A Damn good film

Guest Nguss

Hugh Grant vs Colin Firth in Bridget Jones 2.

Also the scene in True Romance directors cut in the Hotel room with Alabama and the hitman is brutal.

Guest jirpy100

Roy Schneider against Chinese assassin in Marathon Man (1976), very original and brutal neckbreak!

BTW. I see a similar thread started in the General section a while ago...

Guest actionjackson

bruce willis vs. the long-haired blond terrorist in die hard. its the fight where it looks like they copied yasuaki kurata's death in eastern condors. still, great film.

A year ago I'd have a couple different awnsers, but I'd have to say after watching Oldboy:rolleyes I mean jeez, the scene in the hallway has to be the best fight scene ever.

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

All the action scenes in "A Bittersweet Life" were very well done. The opening scene, the escape scene midway through, and the finale. A must see.

Guest melchevsky

I thought that the two scenes in Serenity were fantastic. The actor who played the operative did a great job, very tricky name, I had never heard of him. The fights were kind of a hybrid Wing Chun/Karate. The best part is that the protagonist fought it with old fashion John Wayne haymakers. Good psuedo martial arts addition to a non martial arts film.

Cognoscente

In The Take (2016), there is a scene inside a van where Idris Elba has to fight two assassins while protecting two targets.

• Like 2